Droid Bionic or Razr

bobbyp

Reaction score
The battery is not removable in the Razr so you are a little stuck. I have a Bionic and my son has the Razr. I like having the own extended battery much more than the slick style of the Razr. My son who is 19 is the exact opposite. You can have smart actions on both phones to get the most out of your battery but with the Bionic you can have a back up and the Razr you need to plug it in and let it charge. If the battery completely fails.......warranty replacement or pay some shop to do it when your out of warranty. To be honest you really can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

milski65

Reaction score
I took advantage of the free Bionic, keeping unlimited and have been using it for 10 days. Coming from a Droid X. I have no complaints about this phone. Using stock battery, managing apps, using airplane mode while in my office and I'm at 70 percent end of day. Development is horrible compared to X, but if that's not a concern then you're good. Great radio. Removable battery. And again, it's free. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Been several days now and still no Bionic available from verizon online store so i may wind up with a Razr,and they dont even offer an unlimited data plan no more, maybe if i trade in my convoy and my mifi2200 i can afford the maxx...lol

Last edited:

quadtronix

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having trouble finding the Bionic. That's the one I would recommend. The Razr has a faster SOC I think (1.2GHz vs. 1.0GHz) but the Bionic has the option of swapping batteries. Plus I use an extended battery and get like 2-3 days at least on a charge. I tweaked things a little to get better battery life... dim screen, turned off navigator, turned off wifi when not using it... but anyway, with extended battery i'm guessing the Bionic lasts a lot longer then the regular Razr. Good luck with whatever you choose... :)

milski65

Reaction score

Been several days now and still no Bionic available from verizon online store so i may wind up with a Razr,and they dont even offer an unlimited data plan no more, maybe if i trade in my convoy and my mifi2200 i can afford the maxx...lol

I've seen a couple of people post that they got the Bionic by going to a Verizon Corporate store. Don't know if you have any around you, but it may not hurt to check. I only got mine by calling CS. Online said they were out 10 days ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
I called the verizon store today and they said they had none and neither did verizon on line have any left and the guy at the store said he was told Bionic is all gone everywhere none to be found...lol

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Did you try calling Verizon (Main #) and ordering it that way?

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon and rep said she showed there to be 350 of them left and i tried to order one but they kept having trouble trying to complete the order and was going to forward me to tech but didnt have the time to wait, told her i would call back later...lol...also i didnt realize there is a 30 dollar charge for upgrading..now why would they do that when i can wait 2 months for my contract to expire and go somewhere else, you would think they would like to keep existing customers.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just got off the phone with Verizon and rep said she showed there to be 350 of them left and i tried to order one but they kept having trouble trying to complete the order and was going to forward me to tech but didnt have the time to wait, told her i would call back later...lol...also i didnt realize there is a 30 dollar charge for upgrading..now why would they do that when i can wait 2 months for my contract to expire and go somewhere else, you would think they would like to keep existing customers.

Well my upgrade wasn't available for 2 months and my bionics volume rocker fell off. To make a long story short, the rep got managers approval to push my upgrade to now and sent me a new bionic, so ended up just paying the $30 upgrade fee. The lap dock alone makes it worth it to me. Plus ICS on the way. :)

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
Just ordered the Droid Bionic from the online store, with having to pay the upgrade fee i went with the Bionic didnt have the extra cash for the razr.

Thanks to everyone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just ordered the Droid Bionic from the online store, with having to pay the upgrade fee i went with the Bionic didnt have the extra cash for the razr.

Thanks to everyone.

I don't think you will be disappointed :)

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
You are gonna love your Bionic - I guarantee it!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums