HELP! My touchscreen on my D1 has gone BESERK!!!

rayswift

Reaction score
So my droid is going crazy all of a sudden. I cant even unlock my phone with my "unlock" pattern because without me even touching the screen, its pushing various buttons for really fast and I get prompt to "Try Again in 30 Seconds."

Now when I do get lucky enough to unlock the phone after trying 10x, my touchscreen will freeze for a couple seconds then start opening apps by itself, opening the browser and zooming in and out REALLY fast and doing other random crap without me touching it.

I havent put this phone by water or anything to damage the phone. Always in my leather case and on my desk charging when Im not using it.

I need to know what I can do because since I cant swipe my phone, Im missing important calls since I cant answer them and receiving txt messages but cant reply since my Droid wont allow me to click on the input bar to enter a message. Now I dont want people to feel like im ignoring them.

This phone is a refurbished one. This is my first Verizon contract. I had to exchange my 1st Droid 9 months into my first year because the screen all of a sudden wouldnt power up but I can hear my phone ring and receive txt msgs. I get this refurb and 5 months into having it, this happens.

This is REALLY REALLY frustrating. I dont want to drive to a verizon store to have them say to me "sorry cant do anything about it" since my closest store is 25 minutes away. Should I call Verizon about it first and see what they can do?

Am I able to get another refurbished phone? or am I $#!T outta luck.

Thanks in advance!

PhillJ

Reaction score
So my droid is going crazy all of a sudden. I cant even unlock my phone with my "unlock" pattern because without me even touching the screen, its pushing various buttons for really fast and I get prompt to "Try Again in 30 Seconds."

Now when I do get lucky enough to unlock the phone after trying 10x, my touchscreen will freeze for a couple seconds then start opening apps by itself, opening the browser and zooming in and out REALLY fast and doing other random crap without me touching it.

I havent put this phone by water or anything to damage the phone. Always in my leather case and on my desk charging when Im not using it.

I need to know what I can do because since I cant swipe my phone, Im missing important calls since I cant answer them and receiving txt messages but cant reply since my Droid wont allow me to click on the input bar to enter a message. Now I dont want people to feel like im ignoring them.

This phone is a refurbished one. This is my first Verizon contract. I had to exchange my 1st Droid 9 months into my first year because the screen all of a sudden wouldnt power up but I can hear my phone ring and receive txt msgs. I get this refurb and 5 months into having it, this happens.

This is REALLY REALLY frustrating. I dont want to drive to a verizon store to have them say to me "sorry cant do anything about it" since my closest store is 25 minutes away. Should I call Verizon about it first and see what they can do?

Am I able to get another refurbished phone? or am I $#!T outta luck.

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat right now. What did you do?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
got any suggestions on why just the right side of my screen wont recognize touch at all? the rest does. and when i open phone to text the phone chooses what i didnt even touch. i am rooted and did try a different rom and it still does it. i did notice it only happening here lately bc its been so hot and it i have it in my pocket for a lil bit at work thats when it goes crazy! i assume its from heat.