HELP!!! My Droid 1 has gone BESERK!!!!

DroidLuva

Reaction score
So what do I do? Can i call verizon, ask for another refurb and if they refuse, can threatening to end my contract early, make them hook it up with another phone?

I dont feel like wasting time and money, driving 20 minutes away since thats where my nearest verizon store is. Thanks!

That is probably what I would do...............I stay in Verizon's Azz about these phones. They are always trying to do some underhanded mess.

OP
R

rayswift

Reaction score
So what do I do? Can i call verizon, ask for another refurb and if they refuse, can threatening to end my contract early, make them hook it up with another phone?

I dont feel like wasting time and money, driving 20 minutes away since thats where my nearest verizon store is. Thanks!

That is probably what I would do...............I stay in Verizon's Azz about these phones. They are always trying to do some underhanded mess.

cool! ill try that.

I read up that Verizon doesnt charge a flat rate on early cancellation. Depends how many more months you have left on your contract.

My contract ends in December. How much will it cost for me to cancel my contract?

I dont have the money to be spending $200+ on a new phone and might take advantage of that iphone 3GS for $49 AT&T is offering right now. Thank you in advance!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

honestly i dont think youll get anywhere with verizon since the phone is out of its 12 month warranty period.

Do you have insurance?

OP
R

rayswift

Reaction score
No i didnt because the sales rep didnt mention anything about insurance when I went to get my refurb

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No i didnt because the sales rep didnt mention anything about insurance when I went to get my refurb

they dont mention it when you get the refurb they ask you about it when you start the original contract.

also the 12 month warranty starts from the time you got the original phone.

OP
R

rayswift

Reaction score

they dont mention it when you get the refurb they ask you about it when you start the original contract.

So basically im phucked is what your saying. No other options?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

ehh.... maybe not. call customer service they may be able to give you some options possibly upgrading early.

Abby Normal

Reaction score

Dude, I just had this happen to me,,,, see my post on my droid going bonkers....... same thing as you but I bought mine in Jan 10 one month after you did....

Go to the store, not a kiosk but the store,, be nice explain what has happened but be firm. They will try to either get you to buy a new one or even offer you an early upgrade but be reasonable and nice they will replace it for you.

My phone was in excellent condition as I keep everything pristine, I am a nut like that.... I pointed out the phone was sold to me on a 2 year contract but with a one year warranty and that expired in jan 2011. I don't want an upgrade, I like this phone and would really like another one. They asked me if I had insurance and I said no . had someone reminded me after the warranty I would have bought it. ( no one ever did ask me for insurance after the warranty period ) I asked them why they sold me a phone that breaks after one year and a contract on that phone for two years...

this is a well known problem at Verizon... They told me if I bought the insurance now, they would replace the phone and suggested I keep the insurance until my two year contract is up and then upgrade....

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

So I paid $7.99 for insurance and they ordered me a replacement phone...

I was told this from a friend who also had the same problem and it worked for him so I gave it a shot and it worked for me..

Good luck on getting a replacement,,,, remember be nice but firm....