1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help I lost root on 2.2 want it back

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by jessesmith121, Sep 5, 2010.

1. jessesmith121

jessesmith121 New Member

Hey I put on FROYO and lost root how can I get it back? I need the wifi teather for work.
  2. jaredb03

jaredb03 New Member

try the search function.
  3. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Premium Member

jaredb03: Try reading this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/24692-friendly-reminder-all-members.html

Specifically:
    Before posting "use the search function this has been asked already" just simply ignore it or provide a link with a friendly reminder to use the search function. Most of us have been around forums long enough to know this will ALWAYS happen. Whether it's right or wrong is irrelevant. It's just part of the forum culture so to speak.

jessesmith121: Try 1 of the EasyRoot methods, but this is something someone else posted to the forums:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-x-2-2-rooted-using-droid-2-root-method.html
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

haha i didnt even know that existed. ive heard the droid 2 rooting method works on the DX with 2.2