P

preacher1611

Reaction score
okay im on the screen where did i find this booting into recovery thing

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
like i said, i don't have a DX, so i don't know what the screen will say. but, yes, you need to take the steps to boot into recovery.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
in post 22, it looks like spaz gave you the steps for booting into recovery...

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
the thing says reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
install zip form sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced

does that help. i just dont wanna mess up.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
first, select wipe data/factory reset. it will ask you to confirm, and choose yes.

second, select wipe cache partition, and confirm.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
after you're done wiping data and cache, you will select "install zip from sdcard." once you do, all of your files from your sdcard will be displayed. scroll thru until you find your rom zip file, and then select it and confirm install.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
then the phone should go thru the process of installing the rom. it may take a few minutes. eventually you should see a message that install complete, or install successful, something like that. then you (i think it's the same for the DX) push the power button once to toggle back to the main menu screen in recovery. at that point you will select the "reboot now" option. then your phone will reboot with your spanky new rom, and you will have to sign in to google, let it sync, and then let the mkt download all of your apps.

EDIT: i'm not clear on where the "reboot" option appears in DX recovery. but once the rom install is complete, you need to reboot.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
okay its loading right now im kinda nervous lol i think i for got my google pass word to lol i hope it works right and do i have to go back and install all my apps?????

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well, you definitely need your google password. once you sign in, google will sync with your phone. the mkt recognizes what apps were previously downloaded to a phone with your gmail account. (in other words, google recognizes individual google accounts, not particular phones.) therefore, once you sign in and the phone syncs with google, all of your apps should automatically start dl'ing from the mkt.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
how long before i can get all my apps back and if i dont like it......how do i get the stock back, not that i dont im jw

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
depends on how strong your 3g/wifi connection is. i've sometimes waited an hour for all my apps to dl. my recommendation is always to just leave your phone untouched for at least half an hour, and let the apps dl.

as for going back to stock, i'm assuming that's your nandroid backup. you can just boot into recovery, and restore your backup.

alright man, it looks like you've pretty much made it - congrats, and welcome to the dark side!!! :) it's 3 a.m. here, and i have to be up in 3 hrs for work. i'm off to bed. if you have any more issues, i'm sure the east coast people will be waking up soon, and they can take you the rest of the way. enjoy!!

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
im off to bed now to its 6 here and i got to be at work in about 2 hr. thanks you helped a lot!!!!!