new to all this need help

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dancedroidyes its on my computer

now that you have the rom zip file on your pc, mount your phone to your pc using the usb cable, and copy the rom zip file to the root of your sdcard (again, not in any folder on the sdcard). then unmount your phone from the pc, and you are ready to flash the rom.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok i'm dropping out for the night but you're in good hands i'll be back on in the morning if it doesn't get worked out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
okay another stupid ? but i cant find the sd thing on my phone all it says is removable storage.....

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just click on the removable storage drive. whichever one opens up, and lists all the files on your sdcard, that is the one you want. then when you highlight the zip file on your pc, and click "copy", you should then move it to the sdcard. you can just highlight the removable disk drive, and click "paste".

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
ok i pasted it in the storage thing. now what?? i hope this doesnt mess my phone up

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
now, in looking in the removable disk drive on your pc, that represents your sdcard, do you see the rom zip file listed there? if so, you've successfully copied it to the root of sdcard. then unmount your phone from pc, by pressing the "turn off usb storage" tab on your phone.

at this point, you're now ready to boot into recovery, wipe data and cache, and install the rom.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
no i dont i did what you said. it even said somthting on my phone about it be 100 percent complete but i dont see it anywhere

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
in order to see it from your pc, you actually have to have the phone mounted. if you're not mounted, then just use your phone to look on your sdcard, and see if the zip file is there.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
now just follow the previous instructions for booting into recovery, wiping data and cache, and installing the rom zip file - you're almost there! :)

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
to do that booting into recovery i go to that green scren thing?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, i think i saw some instructions about doing so earlier in the thread. i have a D1, and it has a true recovery image. the DX has a bootstrap recovery, so the process is a little different. but, you need to get to that same screen where you created your nandroid backup.