HELP! How do I remove a ROM off my Droid X and go back to reg STOCK ROM?

maderschramm

Reaction score
Ok, the bootloader screen is the only place you can install a .sbf file from. So, if you get to that screen, you're ready to push the file onto your phone. To do so, connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. For now we have to deal with the setup first.

OP
R

royolpunk

Reaction score
can you just give me a stepbystep tutorial? i have to go and i will check back here tmr and try it out

maderschramm

Reaction score
Windows Setup

First, boot your Mac into Windows

1. Go Here: Drivers
  2. Download Motorolla 4.7.1 Driver with Motoconnect. You may not need this.

1. Go Here: Home
  2. Download: SBF, and RSD LITE 4.8 (first and third links, respectively)

Extract everything onto your desktop.

Install the RSD Lite program

1. Boot your phone into the bootloader using previous instructions (Hold Down + Camera Button while booting up phone)
  2. Connect phone to computer using usb cable
  3. Open RSD Lite
  4. Click the "..." button and select the downloaded and extracted sbf file on your desktop
  5. Click start to begin the flash after confirming your device is connected (should be listed below)

If your device isn't listed, probably a driver issue, install the drivers you downloaded.
You may also have to start RSD Lite and then plug in your phone. Can be finicky. Linux's sbf_flash program is far superior imho.

For more information on using RSD Lite, please see this post, very informative.

EDIT:
The drivers you'll have to install if prompted for drivers when plugging in the phone while booted into the bootloader. If that happens, ask and I'll help with that as well, but you should be able to install a driver, no?

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for steppin in and helping maderschramm

OP
R

royolpunk

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. I will test this out tomorrow morning because I am no where near a computer right now. Hopefully this will work. Oh and if you guys could find a video tutorial on how to do this it would be even better:)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. I will test this out tomorrow morning because I am no where near a computer right now. Hopefully this will work. Oh and if you guys could find a video tutorial on how to do this it would be even better:)

Hot off the presses, made by me, for you. Don't say I never did anything for ya 'eh?
Boot Into Bootloader: [video=youtube;ue4VYhBxQVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4VYhBxQVc[/video]
RSD Lite Install ETC.: [video=youtube;1zvFMQuRqCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zvFMQuRqCg[/video]

At time of posting the second video is still processing. Sorry, it was supposed to have sound but I can't do any video encoding on my computer since my video card failed; so, just pretend :laugh:

Watch the second video in high definition (720p) and in full screen because I write notes in the notepad. They're really hard to read otherwise.
I also can't get the drivers to work on my 64 bit processor, but, it is what it is. If you really have problems with the drivers we can go from there

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hot off the presses, made by me, for you. Don't say I never did anything for ya 'eh?
Boot Into Bootloader: [video=youtube;ue4VYhBxQVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4VYhBxQVc[/video]
other tut in progress

I have my eye on you, in a good way

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Boot Into Bootloader: [video=youtube;ue4VYhBxQVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4VYhBxQVc]YouTube - Droid X Boot Into Bootloader[/video]
RSD Lite Install ETC.: [video=youtube;1zvFMQuRqCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zvFMQuRqCg]YouTube - Windows RSD Lite Instructions[/video]

At time of posting the second video is still processing. Sorry, it was supposed to have sound but I can't do any video encoding on my computer since my video card failed; so, just pretend :laugh:

Watch the second video in high definition (720p) and in full screen because I write notes in the notepad. They're really hard to read otherwise.
I also can't get the drivers to work on my 64 bit processor, but, it is what it is. If you really have problems with the drivers we can go from there

wow way to go out of your way lol i never made a youtube video to show someone keep it up

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well after seeing this i guess i feel a bit more risky lol very nice videos thanks alot...is there any way of getting this on sticky just asking i already subscribe to the thread but this might be helpfull for other in the present and future...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well after seeing this i guess i feel a bit more risky lol very nice videos thanks alot...is there any way of getting this on sticky just asking i already subscribe to the thread but this might be helpfull for other in the present and future...

stickys are usually a little bit more organized than this lol