Cannot reboot recovery after GB Update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by jonathon1289, May 31, 2011.

1. jonathon1289

jonathon1289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I SBF'd back to stock and installed the pre-rooted GB update earlier this morning. I removed Droid X bootstrap and used Droid2 as specified. I installed GB and have all of my stuff restored from Google Sync and Titanium backups, so I wanted to reboot and make a backup before doing any other mods. I installed Droid X Bootstrap and ROM Manager, but when I reboot to recovery the phone just freezes at a black screen, it never loads the recovery section.

Any ideas here? I have tried rebooting through Bootstrap and ROM Manager, same result. I have to do a battery pull which then boots the phone up normally. Do I need to remove both of these apps and the hijack/logwrapper files and reinstall?

2. Geepers

Geepers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sbf back to stock and try again?

3. jonathon1289

jonathon1289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update: I uninstalled both apps and removed the hijack and logwrapper files. I reinstalled both and tried again, with the same result. The phone reboots, shows the 'M' logo and then just a black screen.

I have looked around and not seen anyone else reporting this issue.

4. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Have you tried using the D2 Bootstrapper? I believe you have to use the D2 version on any GB ROM. I hear you can use the DX version with usb debugging UNchecked, but I have only used the D2 bootstrapper with no issues. I wouldn't expect ROM manager to do too much on the DX/D2, it works best on unlocked bootloaders.

5. jonathon1289

jonathon1289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried using the D2 Bootstrapper? I believe you have to use the D2 version on any GB ROM. I hear you can use the DX version with usb debugging UNchecked, but I have only used the D2 bootstrapper with no issues. I wouldn't expect ROM manager to do too much on the DX/D2, it works best on unlocked bootloaders.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn...D2 Bootstrapper worked *smacks self, why didn't I try that myself?* I was using the DX version with USB debugging unchecked, but obviously something still was not right. I guess it makes sense that the D2 version is needed since that is what we used to install GB.
    Thanks a bunch!!!

6. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This is good to know. I need to make a backup today and I would have used DX BS...

(from Beka's DX)