Droid x question help, fast!

Reaction score
Okay so right now I'm using bootstrap recovery to back up my stock ROM. now me being a noob I ****ed up my first Droid x and had to send it back because It was bricked. But my question is if I do try an install a custom ROM an I delete my stock, how can I get it back if its bricked?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a permanent brick. Next time allow us to help fix it rather than return it. Read rooolers guide and it will help. Do some research before attempting to mod your phone. You just need to make a stock backup using bootstrap and you'll be fine.

OP
JayakamrdroidX
Reaction score
Okay thanks but last time I remember my phone was bricked and everyone was telling me to hold down the power,volume, and camera keys and then a menu poped up but I couldn't go into the menu because my phones battery was low. but if I did brick it and I could get into that setting menu, would I restore my phone that way?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. If you can get to clockwork you can do a restore. Worst case, you flash an sbf to bring your phone to stock. Never make system changes on less than 80% battery. That way you have enough juice to troubleshoot the problem. Returning phones that can be fixed is why comapnies want to shut us rooters down.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
i find it hard to brick my phone now that instructions are easy. Maybe i just read them carefully and execute them the way they are told. When i dont follow these instructions like i did once when flashing the new GB leak i "bricked" my phone. That was scary but i scoured these forums for guides for how to fix my issues and there are plenty of them. I already kinda knew how to but i i had to review.

VZW(pressured by the insurance they have and also moto) are tightening down the security on android phones because of people who "brick" their phones and file a warranty/insurance claim for their wrong-doing (i hate to point finger but someone like you) and also those people who tether and pull alot of data. Which they are finally doing something about but something that affects the whole android community. I suggest next time do your research that way you dont run into any problems and if you do, well you know what to do.

Darkside86

Reaction score
My question is... If your bricked your phone the first time you tried modifying it, why in the hell are you trying again? It's people that go through five phones because they don't know what their doing that makes verizon do what their doing. Do your research before messing with your phone. Would you mess with it if verizon wouldn't send you another one?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
To learn to backup and flash ROMS just look at the link in my signature.