HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

RoNYC

Reaction score
The HelixLaucher definitely works with 2.1. Had the nerves to try Laucher2 after the update, went on a FC loop, went right back to Laucher. Will never do that again.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I launched helix launcher and ive filled 3 screens but im not able to get a fourth?? I have no idea why...i used the home switcher app since i had trouble completely activating it...idk

RoNYC

Reaction score
Press Home>Settings>Configure It should be the first item on top. When you add screens you have to power off.

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
I launched helix launcher and ive filled 3 screens but im not able to get a fourth?? I have no idea why...i used the home switcher app since i had trouble completely activating it...idk

At your home screen with helix, push the menu button then push configure and you'll see it at the top to change how many screens

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

At your home screen with helix, push the menu button then push configure and you'll see it at the top to change how many screens

It says SCREEN SIZE, although you'd expect it to say SCREEN NUMBER.

frankybabee

Reaction score
Do not download helixlauncher 2....I had helix 1 and my phone worked awesome as soon as I dowloaded helix 2 it locked up my phone...the force close window has taken over the phone. I tried shutting the phone down and restarting the phone and it completely locked it up like a virus would attack a pc. It acts like an exe file has been wiped out. I cant even believe it....any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
what is the difference between laucher1 and launcher2? besides the fact only 2.1 can use launcher2 (as far as i understand).

vonfink13

Reaction score
same thing happened to me the other day...i was able to get to the settings menu and then the app manager with some very quick fingers in between fc's....i uninstalled helix and then re-installed it and all was fine...your other option is a factory reset...i did not want to do that...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

It says SCREEN SIZE, although you'd expect it to say SCREEN NUMBER.
Thanks..lol thats exactly where i got confused. Btw why can i know longer slide the side screen back in on the app menu where all the apps go by default?? I know i can just press the loop button on the bottom right of the screen but i kinda liked doing the slidy thing hehe :/

mikespe

Reaction score
So just so I am clear on this Helix 1 works GREAT on the Droid 2.1 OTA update correct? Helix 2 is the version JUST for Nexus 1? I am SOOOO paranoid about this after my ordeal I just want to make sure...

Thanks for your patience!

vonfink13

Reaction score
That is correct..if you read the app description in the mkt you will see that 2 is for the nexus 1 only....I have been running helix 1 for about a week and I really like it...5 screens are just what I need.

Geofferson

Reaction score
The HelixLaucher definitely works with 2.1. Had the nerves to try Laucher2 after the update, went on a FC loop, went right back to Laucher. Will never do that again.
Haha. Same here. Wish I had seen this comment before I made the same mistake.