Headphone jack question

deadernie

Reaction score
I currently have the first Motorola Droid and I'm thinking of upgrading. I love my OG Droid but the headphone jack sucks. It rarely has sound in both headphones and it snap, crackle & pops with body movement. I just got a warranty replacement because of another issue and the jack on the replacement is even worse than the original.

Just wondering if the newer Motorola Droid models have this problem as well or did they fix it?

I'm thinking of waiting until the Droid 3 comes out because I like having the slide out keyboard. It would be nice to carry one device instead of my i-pod for music and my phone.

Any input would be appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Indeed it was a common problem on the Droid 1, but I haven't heard anything about it from the Droid 2.

For the record, no problems at all with my Incredible.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I can attest to the crappy headphone jack on the D1...They did fix it with later droids, D2G has a fairly well built headphone jack. My solution for the D1's crackling jack was to cut a small piece of a plastic straw, then cut that piece in half, then stick it in the little seam around the headphone jack. Leave a little tab to pull it out. Works brilliantly so far, enough to warrant my D1 becoming my mp3 player:laugh:.

jayman350

Reaction score
send it back again. I went through 3 replacements b/c of headphone jack issues, well one was b/c of the usb port but the headphone jack was messed up on that one too.

Its an issue with all of them it seems, some are better than others.

I wouldn't waste an upgrade on it, esp if you are still under warranty. It sucks to have to keep getting replacements, but its pretty obvious that they don't actually do any refurbishing so its luck of the draw.

shawnchin

Reaction score
Hi, I am using also this but i haven't any problem with my Droid 1, i think you have this problem with your headphone change it and then check it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My X doesn't have that issue

sent from my ApeX

rlb

Reaction score
My Droid X also doesn't have this issue (I was perpetually annoyed by this when I had the original droid for 1.5 years).