Anyone else annoyed with the headphone jack location on newer phones?

rlb

Reaction score
I recently grabbed a used Droid X (broke my original Droid) and I was immediately annoyed with headphone jack placement. It's really difficult to type in landscape mode with the headphones plugged in. Ans it looks like pretty much all of the newer phones are set up this way (headphone jack is in lower left in landscape mode). Lame!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not here. Does it help if others are annoyed?

dark juggalo

Reaction score
nope..just annoyed with the way it works...if the location of it was in any other location it wouldnt work in car docks...my passanger would bump it and prolly break it off w/my luck.

Last edited:

snhay3

Reaction score
It is fine where it is for me. I can't type on landscape so it is good there. Plus I carry in my pocket while on my tractor and sits just right facing up and down. How it works however is different.
Still haven't found the right headphones that u don't have to pay an arm and a leg for

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Still haven't found the right headphones that u don't have to pay an arm and a leg for

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

This is where I have my biggest problem, I have purchased many pairs of headphones for under $30 but most never sounded good or didn't last very long. I would like to try a really good pair of headphones but damn car and motorcycle repairs are holding me back :/

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would like a good pair of Bluetooth head phones that don't cut out. I did a review of all those that are out and i am not really all that happy with them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Detonation

Reaction score
I'd prefer it on the bottom (like the ipod touch) but other then that I don't have many complaints.

And I use these headphones - Amazon.com: JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black): Electronics
Since switching to the in-ear kind, regular earbuds just sound terrible. People complain these are too bass heavy, but I like how they sound. And at $10, they're cheap to replace when they inevitable break (usually one ear goes out after 4-6 months of daily use). You can even just get these - Amazon.com: Coby CVE92 Isolation Stereo Earphones: Electronics - half the price and virtually the same headphone, but they only come with one ear bud size instead of three.