Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

lyam

Reaction score
Gallery 2.1 Question.

Can you isolate videos into their own category/album? In the previous gallery this was the default. Now they seem intermingled with the photos in a single album. Other than this small issue, I love everything about the 2.1 update. Very, very snappy in every respect. Hopefully it will remain so. Thanks again!

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Which media dock screen are we supposed to have? I still have the old one.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Which media dock screen are we supposed to have? I still have the old one.

if your home button while in the dock is in the lower right corner, then you have the new one.

Well I did the update, at the end it said installation aborted, but when i rebooted it had 2.1 update listed. I still have the old media screen, but has live wallpapers and such. I did install the new clock media on from an install file I had. it works fine that way. Just wondered if something went wrong in update.

UPDATE: I tried the udate process again and this time said update from sdcard complete. I feel better now.

Ok I still have the rusty color media screen with the home in the bottom right. That is the 2.1 droid one i am assuming. I was expecting the nexus clock app. I installed it back and am good. I like the live wallpaper in the clock app. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

goinskiing

Reaction score
Marketplace Issues

Anyone else having unsuccessful download in the marketplace with 2.1? The downloads work only intermittintly for me.

droidzer

Reaction score
Download of an update was interrupted by battery ran flat

I didnt' realize the charger was not properly plugged in, and one thing lead to another, the phone went off during download.

i made sure the plug was back in before i restarted the phone, but now, it doesn't say in the slide down menu that it;s downloading anything, but somehow when I try to download the update again, it says an update is currently being downloaded and prevents me to do so.

Any idea how to get round this guys?

thank you so much.

7 VII 7

Reaction score
Is anyone else notice how slow much slower the GUI is when you have Live-Wallpaper on... it sucks! I went back to a static picture

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I have tried several times, and am having problems with HelixLauncher. I guess I messed up when I uninstalled it before the upgrade. I thought I would need helixlauncher2, but discovered afterwards that it was only for the N1.

I can download it, but it is not in my app drawer, and when I go to it in the market or if I go to manage applications, my only option is to uninstall. I can not open it.

From what I hear, if you left it on your phone you are okay. Am I the only one that has tried to install it after the update?

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Was this an official OTA download or just from the manual link in the forums?

hashsi99

Reaction score
I was using the HTC keyboard with 2.01 with no problems. Now with 2.1 the correction options overlap the top row of letters. Anybody else have this problem? I think i was running the HTC 14 or something.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I thought there was a recent update to Swype. Or maybe that was Skype. roflol....anyone else having problems with Swype?

I updated 2.1 manually and have the Swype beta. Having no problems using it.

I also updated manually and have the Swype beta. I even just tried a reboot.
I have version 1.25.16.5652.t100 of Swype; is that what you have?

Mine just says version5612. When I first joined the Swype beta I would get the message about having the wrong version for my phone and that I would get limited functionality. I then used the apk here to get the version I have now. Looks like the apk link does not work any more, but I am sure it is around here somewhere.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...droid-wrong-version-problems-solved-here.html

Edit: I believe this post has the apk I used.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/27654-swype-android-beta-21.html#post311748

Last edited: