Does 2.1 fix a couple of problems?

s-one

Reaction score
Hey all.. . Does the 2.1 software fix the Gmail notification problem where it only notifies you once and not subsequent emails? Also does it fix the poor "outgoing" call audio.. a lot of people tell me I sound muffled and sometimes I garble... like waving. Yea I know.. I've done all the program, erc codecs and all that stuff already. Oh and lastly... does the native facebook app notification deal get improved on 2.1?

Bananas!
s-one

MickeyG

Reaction score
It would be awesome if one of the 2.1 early adopters would post a list of all the fixes they've encountered. Any takers?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is not a defect in the gmail software. It can be fixed in your set up.

The reason why you are notified twice is because you have your "gmail" notification and then there is your "email." If you want only one notification go to your google sync settings and unsync gmail. I then recommend going back to your email settings and setting that to check once every 5 minutes. That way you will no longer get duplicate notifications.

skidemn

Reaction score
muffled here too

Hey all.. . Does the 2.1 software fix the Gmail notification problem where it only notifies you once and not subsequent emails? Also does it fix the poor "outgoing" call audio.. a lot of people tell me I sound muffled and sometimes I garble... like waving. Yea I know.. I've done all the program, erc codecs and all that stuff already. Oh and lastly... does the native facebook app notification deal get improved on 2.1?

Bananas!
s-one

I've tried all three codecs and have the same problem with callers saying I'm muffled. Exchanged phone once already for it and same issue. I decided to hear for myself and it sounds high-frequency filtered like whoever's on my Droid is pinching it between their shoulder and head for use without hands. I thought perhaps the mic opening was being interfered with by the case, so I tried the phone naked it sounds the same, but now I'm not allowed at that store anymore...

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
Umm.. what I'm sayin is that the native gmail notification is only notifying once and no other audible notifications will happen unless you clear the visible notification. This was designed this way by google and has been logged in google's Issue case 4190 as an enhancement. There are so many replies to people wanting this fix since the Droid was released I'm just wondering if google listened to their customers by applying the enhancement. Thanks for the response though.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
but now I'm not allowed at that store anymore...

Well since they did get rid of the echo issue with 2.0.1, I'm thinking only logically they had certainly did some good enhancement in a major version as 2.1. You can go to a different store.. from what I heard that's best since you get a diff batch of Droids. (from what I heard)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Umm.. what I'm sayin is that the native gmail notification is only notifying once and no other audible notifications will happen unless you clear the visible notification. This was designed this way by google and has been logged in google's Issue case 4190 as an enhancement. There are so many replies to people wanting this fix since the Droid was released I'm just wondering if google listened to their customers by applying the enhancement. Thanks for the response though.

Oh, you WANT to be notified multiple times. I see where you're at now.

I don't know if I'd want that. I think a flashing light is OK for me, but I can see your point.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd want that. I think a flashing light is OK for me, but I can see your point.

Yea I agree that it should be an "option" so users can set it how they want.