Others having trouble hearing me

anewday

Reaction score
Sometimes, others say they can barely hear me or sound muffled. The volume is almost to the max and I'm in a quiet room during the call. I thought it was just the other person's phone but it happens with other people as well. WTF???

I'm so freaking royally pissed off right now. First, it was the screen going off and not coming back on during a call until the call is hung up and now this crap. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

anuraj1

Reaction score
try going to the dialer and dialing ##PROGRAM

It will ask for a password, enter 000000 (six zeroes in a row)

choose the "vocode" option

select either 13k or EVRC-B.

This controls the compression of your voice calls. Your voice is compressed to send over the network and then it is decompressed by the phone receiving the call. This usually results in static and it is the reason for the short delay when you talk and the other person actually hears it. Same thing was happening to me before I changed this option. 13k works well for me.

OP
A

anewday

Reaction score
I tried that in the past, didn't help at all.

anuraj1

Reaction score
sorry dude, I'm not sure then. Something stuck in the hole for your microphone maybe? Or maybe just a defective microphone?

darreno1

Reaction score
Try turning off voice privacy and see if it makes a difference.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
If you have a cover on your phone take it off and also it might be an app. Mine was doing the same and I deleted some apps and removed the cover and almost no one has complained in over a week.

jojotally

Reaction score
trouble hearing me

which apps did you remove to help with the clarity of your voice?

arty2hottie

Reaction score
This seems to happen to me when I talk to someone on the phone while laying down. They say my phone gets real muffled and they cant hear me. If I am sitting up or standing I almost never get any complaints.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Like the above poster - I've noticed people say this to me a lot when I'm laying down and talking. What I've noticed is while laying down I keep the phone further away from my mouth vs standing up. Soon as I move the phone closer to my mouth - no problems.

JDMDC2

Reaction score
this is the story of my life, I tried that calling in option too..
nothing helps..
after trying a few things I didn't to say **** it, atleast I can hear them just fine! Lol..

topsarge1964

Reaction score
Possible Cover Issue

I got the OEM plastic cover for my Droid yesterday. It has a cutout for the mic and it seems like it doesn't line up exactly. No one can hear me unless I remove the over. Since it is a directional mic, it cannot be blocked at all. Will talk to Verizon to see if my case is defective.

TXHillCountry

Reaction score
Software problem

I have had this problem too. I also had a problem this week trying to do a voice search. It kept telling me it did not hear any words no matter how loud I spoke into the microphone.

I had finally had enough and went to the Verizon store to try to get a new phone. They told me that this is a known issue and they are working on a fix. It should be pushed to the phone automatically. When I inquired on time frame they had no idea but they were told soon.

Has anyone else heard this?

darklipslide

Reaction score
My milestone is horrendous at the back of a bus, as the noise cancellation cancels out everything including my voice.

I also often hear myself echoing during phone calls, for the entire phone call.

oi

TXHillCountry

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that Verizon told me this is not just a problem with the Droid. They said that a lot of HTC Eris and I believe Incredible users are also reporting this problem. They believe it is a problem with the Android OS>