Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an issue just with trying to switch to the NexusMod live wallpaper. it force closes on load and doesn't load at all. All the other lw's work well though although I have noticed my droid seems a little more sluggish (which I will fix come a new mod with this update loaded up on it and root). Overall pretty good other than the one fc though.

I think it seems overall snappier, but this is not unusual for one person to see it one way and another to see it totally differently. Your going to hear praises and complaints, that's the way all updates are every time I've seen one.:)

papy72

Reaction score
Yeah Swype is DOA for me now, and I was just starting to really love that app.

Also, my stock android keyboard doesn't have the little voice input button that my Droidmod standard keyboard had. Did that functionality get incorporated elsewhere?

Universal

Reaction score
Please help...

I followed the instructions on how to force the 2.1 update. Everything seemed to go fine. After the final reboot, I am getting the error message:

"The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I can mount the phone and I have service, but I can't open any programs or any menus.

What should my next step be?

ndhill1976

Reaction score
My Swype does not work anymore. I tried to disable it, then reenable it, but still no worky.

I thought there was a recent update to Swype. Or maybe that was Skype. roflol....anyone else having problems with Swype?

I updated 2.1 manually and have the Swype beta. Having no problems using it.

I also updated manually and have the Swype beta. I even just tried a reboot.
I have version 1.25.16.5652.t100 of Swype; is that what you have?

papy72

Reaction score
My Swype does not work anymore. I tried to disable it, then reenable it, but still no worky.

I thought there was a recent update to Swype. Or maybe that was Skype. roflol....anyone else having problems with Swype?

I updated 2.1 manually and have the Swype beta. Having no problems using it.
Which version of Swype do you have? Mine is 5652. I have the apk for v. 5612. May try to fall back to that one.

EDIT: 5612 seems to work and play well with 2.1

Last edited:

Grazen

Reaction score
I have an issue just with trying to switch to the NexusMod live wallpaper. it force closes on load and doesn't load at all. All the other lw's work well though although I have noticed my droid seems a little more sluggish (which I will fix come a new mod with this update loaded up on it and root). Overall pretty good other than the one fc though.

I think it seems overall snappier, but this is not unusual for one person to see it one way and another to see it totally differently. Your going to hear praises and complaints, that's the way all updates are every time I've seen one.:)

Yeah I know I work in software development so I know updates can sometimes work differently. But hopefully within time either another update or the root makers can bless us all with an updated version of their apps :) Overall besides only 3 screens quite happy with this update though.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find it to be great, but I plan on rooting later anyways.

I can confirm (for me anyways), that the headphone jack issue is gone.
Before, 3 out of 10 pulls of my aux line to my car would result in no speaker or mic.

Now 10 out of 10, differing speeds of pulling it out, etc. No problems.

I hope it is the same for others as well. :)

Ok, my one issue at the moment:

I had the apk for the transparent news and weather widget. Now that it is part of 2.1, opening the apk in astro will only give option to launch or uninstall, and of course uninstall fails because it is part of the OS build now.

So if anyone knows who made this, I'm figuring we need another built for 2.1, or something to that effect.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the new droid livewallpaper, if someone could post the livewallpaper.apk that the new udpate came with, that would be awesome

Moved here maybe somebody can assist you.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the new droid livewallpaper, if someone could post the livewallpaper.apk that the new udpate came with, that would be awesome

I went to the market and typed in "live wallpapers" and got quite a few hits. Downloaded a matrix one (too distracting) and some other one, which I liked. (its some sort of chip like background that just moves blue lights. very nice and subtle).

Hope that helps.

What was the name of the blue one you liked?

ndhill1976

Reaction score

Brokn68

Reaction score