Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

goinskiing

Reaction score
Update: Apparently the marketplace download issue occurs when I'm on 3G only but works fine on WiFi.

Maybe verizon is allocating 3G space for the OTA? (Just a hypothesis)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I tried using the stock live wallpapers and found that my phone got real laggy. I have gone back to basic wallpapers and some of the lag has gone but still find the phone choppy and has lags. Any suggestions???

The lags I am experiencing is when my phone goes to sleep and I hit the power button to wake it up, I have to hit it about 3-4 times before my screen will light. Also the unlock slide does not want to respond.

When I try to open any of my apps the transitions are very choppy and the screen freezes often.

At this point I am not real thrilled with the update.
Pull the battery for 30 seconds and then reinsert it.

That should clear up any issues

rjm5151

Reaction score
Was just able to download fine from the market on 3G. Overall i think the touch of my droid is more responsive and a little snappier since this update.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Anyone having Gmail sync issues?

I have hit the "sync now" button a few times and nothing showed up on my droid but I received 4 new emails.

Also...the LED's for my tests and email isn't working.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Is the camera faster? I deleted a whole bunch of pictures before trying it out, so I'm not sure if it's faster because of that, or if it's just faster in general. Seems to be about 2-3 seconds before it's ready for the next picture.

Brokn68

Reaction score

I have hit the "sync now" button a few times and nothing showed up on my droid but I received 4 new emails.

It appears that the LED will only work if the screen is not on.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Thanks CK.

Another question and I am not sure if this is the place or not so if its not, moderators please let me know where I a suppose to ask.

I have seen folks here talk about the 3D Gallery and the 2.1 Launcher. Where do I find those? Did the gallery come auto with the 2.1 update? And my app drawer is the same as before the update so I am wondering if what I saw and hear others talking about was apps on a rooted phone. Can someone clarify for me?

warrior21

Reaction score

That's the one thing I just noticed, my LED's aren't working for handcent.

strobez395

Reaction score
Uhhhh....My droid seems to be looping with the red eye and then writing droid on the screen...is it supposed to be doing that right after the install? ...its done it atleast 6 times now.

Edit: Did a battery pull, same deal. keeps going back and forth between the red eye and droid logo.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

warrior21

Reaction score
Uhhhh....My droid seems to be looping with the red eye and then writing droid on the screen...is it supposed to be doing that right after the install? ...its done it atleast 6 times now.
Mine did that too so I pulled the battery and she booted right up after that with no issues.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Anyone having heptic feedback while typing? I can't get it to work anymore.

negative..all is working well.

I always do a battery pull after updating so you ma want to do that (if you haven't already)

Everything on my end is working perfect.

Worth a shot

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope, it's not suppose to do that.