Having a few difficultys

Cooch33

Reaction score
I'm trying to put on a new kernel, a slayher kernel, 1100. I'm using the Droid X and clockwork mod. I downloaded it, then went to reboot, went to Install from SD. Went to my downloads folder, then I picked the slayher kernal etcetc. I have 3 versions though, 1.4, 1.6 and 1-1.6. So i tried the 1-1.6 and it said installing and Done. took about 3 seconds(I don't know if thats normal, never switched kernals before) Rebooted and went to SetCPU and its the same one. So Itried 1.4 and 1.6 etc recovering each time. Says it installs it. but ah idk what im doing wrong. Anyone have any advice?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
u got lucky. kernels on the DX arent possible yet.

OP
C

Cooch33

Reaction score
Oh, thats what i thought. I wasn't entirely sure.

Well thats a bummer, I wanted a overclocked slayher kernel and the ProjectElite ROM and wanted awesomeness to ensue. But now it can't. =[

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol u thought it was locked but tried it anyway?

OP
C

Cooch33

Reaction score
I knew it was locked but i didn't know what that exactly ment. I just read that it was still locked somewhere but wasnt sure what it ment. Can I change my ROM or no? I just tried that too and it aborts right away. So... alls I can do is throttle my CPU and change some themes/colors? Im sad now

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No ROM changing, no Kernel changing, yet.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there are a few roms out there for the DX just dont use D1 ROMs

Skeemask

Reaction score
I, for one, would recommend not doing ANYTHING to you're phone unless you understand exactly what it is you're doing, and what parts of the phone it effects. I'm not saying you should go in depth enough to be able to write the code, but at least understand what you're doing before you do it.