suggested kernels?

MrFishstick

Reaction score
i was a blackberry user before switching to my Droid X in sept. i've figured out how to root and install roms and themes, but have never gotten around to kernels. I'm running apeX 1.0 with REVOlution theme and fonts! I'm overclocking using Droid X/2 overclocker with set cpu. i'm running 1.2lv with quadrant scores around 1600. if i install a kernal, does that override my Droid X/2 overclocker app? any suggested kernels that work well with apeX? also have rubiX 1.6 on root of sd card and am willing to switch if there are kernels that will work better with that rom. sorry i'm new with so many questions and no one to ask!

AMelis

Reaction score
No kernels yet...there IS that eFuse issue...but a matter of time....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
As AMelis said, there are no kernels for the X yet. The bootloader is heavily encrypted and nobody's had any luck cracking it yet, possibly ever. However, with the overclocker you have there you don't need it. There isn't much the overclocker can't do that a kernel could for this particular use. :)

OP
M

MrFishstick

Reaction score
Thank you. The phone runs great where it is at but I like to push the limits. This is so much sweeter than my blackberry!

droid x~ rooted~apeX 1.0~ REVOlution

tensor967

Reaction score
Have any kernels actually been released yet than anyone is aware of at all? I have been looking around but have been unable to find any, thanks.