Has there been a fix for the lost microphone issue on the Galaxy Nexus?????

stead2120

Reaction score
Just curious, I'm really thinking about firing this phone, but I LOVE ICS, but I need a phone that works.

OP
S

stead2120

Reaction score
The microphone cuts out in the middle of a phone call, no matter if it's incoming or outgoing phone calls.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a warranty issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

No, plenty of people have this problem. I did too for a while, seemed to have stopped when I installed Axiom.

Its supposed to be fixed in 4.0.4 though if you feel like flashing that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

stead2120

Reaction score
No, plenty of people have this problem. I did too for a while, seemed to have stopped when I installed Axiom.

Its supposed to be fixed in 4.0.4 though if you feel like flashing that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yeah, I have 4.04, but I'm going to find another 4.04 and see about installing the Axiom ROM you mentioned.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How long did the phone call take for the mic to cut out? I don't have long convos on the phone, but had a couple of 20-30min ones and it never cut out.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When mine did it it'd be after about.. 20minutes or so after talking to my girlfriend where I'd find myself talking to myself until she goes, "Hello.." and I have to hang up and call back.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
When mine did it it'd be after about.. 20minutes or so after talking to my girlfriend where I'd find myself talking to myself until she goes, "Hello.." and I have to hang up and call back.

Huh...never experienced this problem. I can see why that would be extremely annoying though. Try telling the girlfriend "I WAS listening. My phone just stopped allowing me to talk. I swear!"

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^
Boy I know that's right...my girl will just talk my ear right off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I have had...like 2-3 hour phone conversations with my lady friend (not quite "official" yet) and I have never had this problem myself. She has accidentally pressed the mute button on her end before though. Ha ha ha. Maybe you guys are accidentally pressing the mute button with your face. :p

gunit34328

Reaction score
i had this problem happen to me yesterday! im rooted, stock rom, 4.04. i just thought it was my friend's phone that this was happening to when i was talking to him on the phone but it was actually mine. i tried making calls today and no one could hear me. i tried restarting my phone and it appears to be fine now. hopefully this is fixed in the official release.

rjenk

Reaction score
This has happened to my phone, my son's phone, and a friend that has one. Totally random. The call is fine except the microphone is muted. You cannot un-mute the call and must hang up and call again. It has happened on calls ranging from a minute or two up to five or ten minutes.

There is a bug note on this entered at Google's Android development site with quite a few folks responding to similar problems.