Returning my nexus

GreenAcid

Reaction score
This thread is fail. I Had 2 issues with my phone within the 14 days, they said since they could not duplicate my signal problem, they were gonna offer me a refurbished one.

nleksan

Reaction score
I got mine on Dec 15th, so I was given the 30-day "No Questions Asked Holiday Warranty" thing.... On multiple occasions within my window of exchange, they told me they "could not give out a BRAND NEW Nexus, but you can have a BRAND NEW RAZR or Rezound...?".... So I got screwed big time... I even asked for just a battery, JUST A NEW BATTERY, while under warranty, and they said no... Ridiculous. They even saw where the "Level 2 Tech Support" (or whatever his ranking was) gentleman offered me a brand new Galaxy Nexus, and it was noted "Customer shall continue to receive BRAND NEW phone until receives unit that is fully-functional" and the people in the store said that "Verizon Corporate Technical Support is not authorized to guarantee a brand new device under any circumstance"!!! That is a line of cr@p.... of course, now that I'm out of warranty, they are ALL TOO HAPPY to try and sell me a new one or offer me a "one time only" refurbished unit.

I am so done with this nonsense... So much for customer loyalty getting you anywhere these days~!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The issue with the microphone cutting out during calls and the person on the other line not hearing me.. is a software issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Unfortunately I haven't heard anyone getting a new device because of this issue.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I got mine on Dec 15th, so I was given the 30-day "No Questions Asked Holiday Warranty" thing.... On multiple occasions within my window of exchange, they told me they "could not give out a BRAND NEW Nexus, but you can have a BRAND NEW RAZR or Rezound...?".... So I got screwed big time... I even asked for just a battery, JUST A NEW BATTERY, while under warranty, and they said no... Ridiculous. They even saw where the "Level 2 Tech Support" (or whatever his ranking was) gentleman offered me a brand new Galaxy Nexus, and it was noted "Customer shall continue to receive BRAND NEW phone until receives unit that is fully-functional" and the people in the store said that "Verizon Corporate Technical Support is not authorized to guarantee a brand new device under any circumstance"!!! That is a line of cr@p.... of course, now that I'm out of warranty, they are ALL TOO HAPPY to try and sell me a new one or offer me a "one time only" refurbished unit.

I am so done with this nonsense... So much for customer loyalty getting you anywhere these days~!
Why didn't corporate just send you a new Nexus?

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
The issue with the microphone cutting out during calls and the person on the other line not hearing me.. is a software issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

That problem surprises me, that is the same problem I had with my Charge almost a year ago. Don't they learn from experience. Mine was fixed with a replacement new phone within 90 days thru Costco.

Last edited:

nleksan

Reaction score
I don't know why they didn't send me one, I was simply told that within 30min of getting off the phone with the Lvl2 Tech Support guy that I would be able to go to any Corporate Store and get a BNIB Unit no questions asked as it would be "very blatantly marked as such" in my account file... I would imagine that it has to do with Verizon being more willing to exchange the phone if they don't have to pay two-way expedited shipping (certified mail both ways, 2-day delivery, delivery notification... it adds up in cost). That may not be why, just a guess.
Regardless, despite having random reboots IN THE MIDDLE OF PHONE CALLS, being unable to get even a voice signal at times in the same place where my OG Droid would max-out it's 3G Download Speeds, and so forth (all of which were deemed "hardware failures"), I am still standing here with the same phone that I got on launch day... No person (in-the-flesh) has been willing to even LOOK AT IT.

Verizon really, really, ROYALL *poo-poo'd* this up... They could have taken away so much iPhone4 business from ATT/etc by investing more into the Galaxy Nexus and branded it with a giant, colored GOOGLE logo on the back, the whole nine yards... Put as much into advertising as they do the POS RAZR (no offense, anyone), or put 1/10th as much into correcting customer issues... and the company would be 1st in "Satisfied Customers".
Instead, they are falling into dead-last.
Shame.

Last edited by a moderator: