Has the battery life been announced or did I miss it?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The primes battery will not be able to be changed, and so Micro SD card slot, man are they serious, figures Samdung for you.

The Galaxy Nexus (Prime) has a removable battery.

doublea500

Reaction score
Of course, but then we'd be looking at a much thicker phone. It's all about the balancing act.

i dont see why people care so much about how thin a phone is. for example, look at the iphone. its thick, but it is a perfect size (besides from the small screen ofcourse). i believe the thickness provides a better grip and makes a phone feel more of a solid piece to hold.

droid 1 ftw, thickness ftw. nothing wrong with the size of the droid 1. fits in my pocket perfectly, and i know its in my pocket always.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont see why people care so much about how thin a phone is. for example, look at the iphone. its thick, but it is a perfect size (besides from the small screen ofcourse). i believe the thickness provides a better grip and makes a phone feel more of a solid piece to hold.

droid 1 ftw, thickness ftw. nothing wrong with the size of the droid 1. fits in my pocket perfectly, and i know its in my pocket always.

You realize saying the Iphone is the perfect size is highly subjective right?

I think you'll find you're alone in thinking that the original Droid's thickness is okay for a current high end device.

The verdict is out, the majority want their devices thin. Those who need the extended battery know they must sacrifice size for improved battery life.

natezire71

Reaction score
I wish I had never opened this thread. Now I'm worried about the battery life...

Honestly though, I'll be better than the Bionic. I plan on keeping the GN on 3G a majority of the time. I live in an LTE market, but honestly? 3G is fast enough for me. Not saying I won't turn it on when I'm streaming an HD video or something like that. You get the idea.

Another thing is that AMOLED screen. That's a massive battery saver. Head over to to this review: Samsung Galaxy S II review -- Engadget. Scroll down to the battery life. Yeah, I know that the GSII has a Super AMOLED Plus display. I'm not really sure what the "Plus" implies. Regardless, that battery life is awesome--most of that is because of the screen.

The more you know!

busab

Reaction score
Most of ICS is decked out in a blueish color right? Doesn't blue consume the most power on a AMOLED display?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

wolstonc

Reaction score

The iPhone is thinner than any current android phone on Verizon isn't it? Yet its thick?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
Seriously man, people have got to stop allowing this to happen.

At what point do shady back room deals start happening?

HTC- hey Verizon , we will release a severely underpowered battery with our phone and then we will split the profits with you when you sell the extended batteries.

Verizon-sounds profitable...let's do it.

You see the problem here?

I do, but there is no way in HELL i would buy an extended battery or an OEM battery at retail. i have an "extended" slim 1750mah battery for my thunderbolt that i got off amazon for $15 with a charger....thing works great, no extra bulk to my phone.

i agree with you, i really hope their conversations dont go along those lines. samsung seems to know what they are doing in terms of battery life. the Charge was pretty good on battery so i suspect the Nexus to be similar or better.

doublea500

Reaction score
The iPhone is thinner than any current android phone on Verizon isn't it? Yet its thick?

compare it to the new phones like the razr and the gnexus. When the iphone4s was released, apple users were pissed that it didnt have a larger screen and a thinner width. Im trying to say that the width is perfect for it.

when the gnexus came out, there were a load of pictures and videos comparing its width to other phones.

and also when i posted that, i was not thinking about the iphone 4s :D

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I do, but there is no way in HELL i would buy an extended battery or an OEM battery at retail. i have an "extended" slim 1750mah battery for my thunderbolt that i got off amazon for $15 with a charger....thing works great, no extra bulk to my phone.

i agree with you, i really hope their conversations dont go along those lines. samsung seems to know what they are doing in terms of battery life. the Charge was pretty good on battery so i suspect the Nexus to be similar or better.

Well the statosphere does have the best battery life of any lte phone!

dk0r

Reaction score
...I would say that battery life is somewhere between non-existent and Thunderbolt. I don't understand for the life of me why they don't follow Apple's lead, lower clock speed with massive optimization?...

For the life of you?

There are too many Android devices with varying hardware for Google to optimize.
Apple has three platforms (3gs, 4 and 4s) for which they specialized iOS 5.
Google has how many?!.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
Well the statosphere does have the best battery life of any lte phone!
see. the 2 best battery life phones with LTE are both samsung. Pentile is supposed to be better on battery, ICS may be better than GB on power management.

all in all, we have no clue, we can guess all day long. but we wont know until we get our hands on it. but i have a feeling it will be much better than my thunderbolt (i can go 12 hours and that is OK with me) so i am waiting for my upgrade and heading to VZW store and buying one.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
For the life of you?

There are too many Android devices with varying hardware for Google to optimize.
Apple has three platforms (3gs, 4 and 4s) for which they specialized iOS 5.
Google has how many?!.

ALSO, OIS relies on GPU power not so much the CPU as much as android.