Disabled G+.....improved battery life

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Same here, I wish it would take off too but it just hasn't.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Same here, I wish it would take off too but it just hasn't.

Yea it has actually. 90 million users are on it I heard. It blew up faster than Facebook give it a little more time remember its a brand new social networking site

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry, I should have said in comparison to Facebook which I believe has a footprint of over 800 million active users or something like that. 90 million is a pretty good start though, I would just like to see more people actively using it.

Either way we are getting off-topic here.

jeremym

Reaction score
It's a shame... i disabled google+ also an battery life improved a lot... but its sad, if google+, came out now, maybe fb people who didn't like timeline would move over... it has more to offer than fb, just that fb isn't breaking down yet.... im waiting for the day people start moving over and starting using it, than maybe I'll enable and start using it again....

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

waiting on others to use it before you will start using it is counterproductive. You should use it and be one of the active ones. Promote it's use to your facebook friends. Why sit back and wait?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

808phoneaddict

Reaction score
waiting on others to use it before you will start using it is counterproductive. You should use it and be one of the active ones. Promote it's use to your facebook friends. Why sit back and wait?

I do and have... yet people don't make the move because facebook is still good enough for most

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Settings > Apps > All > scroll down to and select Google+ then click on disable.
And if you updated the app through the market you'll have to uninstall the update first.

I spent a good 3-5 minutes looking for "disable" until I realized I had to uninstall the update first:D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You're welcome. And also make sure you see dezy's post. Did not even think of that so thank you dezy.
After personal experience/frustration figured others may forget. Man I am having no luck with this phone lately:D

meaker

Reaction score
When you check your battery stats is G+ showing up? Mine doesn't. But I did go into the app and change the pics sync to only while it's on a charger.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Its dumb why do we have to disable all these apps?

My battery drains like crazy. I was using the phone non stop in the morning on wifi and the battery went from 100 to 80 in like six hours.

After that it lost about another 50% in less than five hours. I charged it to 55% and now its at 12% after two hours. That's horrible battery drain. I can't predict the battery with androids. They have a mind of their own.