Disabled G+.....improved battery life

alboboy10

Reaction score
It sounds like you have something else happening that you are unaware of. Or maybe you are on wifi and you are out of range and it is searching. Either way your battery should not drain that quickly. I disable 4G because I don't get a steady signal in my area. It constantly tries to ping 4G towers and drains.

Buy a car charger and a few micro usb cables so you can charge througout the day. I am not sure what everyone is expecting for battery life with a 4G device or what you are comparing it to for that matter. I don't know of anyone with a 4G device with "great" battery life. Verizon has cut the prices of extended batteries for 4G phones due to poor battery life. Until battery technology improves this is going to be an issue.

Buy an extra/extended battery and test or return your device. But please stop expecting an "all day" battery experience on your 4G device with a extremely large screen that comsumes a ton of battery.

Its consuming battery on standby...on full bars of wifi. Eight hours one night of sleep it lost 35 percent. It has days where it dies really fast for no reason. Acts up.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its consuming battery on standby...on full bars of wifi. Eight hours one night of sleep it lost 35 percent. It has days where it dies really fast for no reason. Acts up.

There is a reason, it just needs to be found out.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

CJLee89

Reaction score
TIP: Try letting your phone go to sleep on its own without hitting the side sleep button.

I have tried this and have seen SIGNIFICANT improvement in battery life.

martytoo

Reaction score
I did it via titanium backup. It's called DRM Protected Content Storage.

Did you freeze it? That is what I did. I am not expecting that this will make a big difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
There is a reason, it just needs to be found out.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

It always loses a lot of power during the time it goes below 50%

I would love to know what's causing the drain but how.

steveil

Reaction score
Did you freeze it? That is what I did. I am not expecting that this will make a big difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yes, I froze it. We'll see what happens. Also signed out of Latitute which I believe was causing Maps to run even ater I forced closed it (multiple times).

Big Ry

Reaction score
Yeah I think freezing G+ and DRM made my battery worse. See the screen shot. My awake time didn't really change but the battery usage sure did. The first part it just slowly declines even though I barely use it. Then later, when I re-enable G+ and DRM, my battery life is nearly level with the same usage.

a6f82114-0607-1953.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk