Has the battery life been announced or did I miss it?

ice456789

Reaction score
i see what your saying but this is the way i see it.
in my droid 1, under battery usage, display always is at the top of my list. the droid 1 has a remarkably smaller screen the the galaxy nexus, with less resolution, hd, amoled, and whatever else i missed. thats where i come up with my reasoning. Im not sure how much better they could of coded ice cream sandwich then gb and froyo. i mean that the coders are professionals, if there was something that they could of done to make battery life better, then they would of done it. look at custom roms for instance. some give terrible battery life, some give good batterylife. however, not one rom does that drastic of a change from another. like you are not going to see your battery life double from the software.

then again, i also believe samsung and google know what they are doing. they obviously would not release a phone with just terrible terrible battery life. We know its not going to be great battery life both from the specs we were given and the fact that the battery life was not mentioned at all.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. The specs on the GN are like the specs on a Ferrari so you expect it to be a gas guzzler! What I'm hoping is that some combination of optimization and innovation will minimize the battery drain. One is using the pentile screen (NOT the same as on the Bionic). It uses less energy than a 3 sub-pixel screen with the same resolution.

I'm grounded in hope that the battery won't be dismal. I don't think they'd release a phone with specs through the roof without having a battery that can power it adequately. Especially a flagship phone. As Apple is learning right this second if you release a flagship phone with battery issues the world may explode. :)

ice456789

Reaction score
I don't understand for the life of me why they don't follow Apple's lead, lower clock speed with massive optimization?
Because Android is open platform. There are hundreds of different hardware combinations that it needs to run on and it's impossible to optimize the code for each hardware combination. If you optimize code for the GN, then every other platform will perform very poorly in comparison. Apple's iphone software only has 3 or 4 different platforms it needs to run on so they specialize the code for those pieces of hardware. Android makes the code generic by comparison.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I think we are all forgetting the G-Nex was developed specifically for ICS so I think there will be seeing pretty good battery life from this phone for an LTE device. So far there has been legit explanations for why they used the components they used, my guess is they did their homework with this phone and we have nothing to worry about. I mean do I think battery life is going to be 100+ hours with heavy use? No. I do however think it will be considered good given the powerhouse of internals used in the G-Nex.

Last edited:

???

Reaction score
my guess is standby time will be fine, phone calls will be good, atleast on my phone, phone calls don't really use any battery, since the data is off and screen is dark. i can talk what feels like forever on even 5% battery.

once you start really using the phone, browsing the web and while running text or messenger combo, it will be dead in a few hours of use. kik has updated the messenger i use a few times and its gotten much better on the batt, but still, the screen is on and data is flowing. the battery will die.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't remember where I read it, but I think we can expect a 1900mah battery in the Verizon LTE version. Please let it be true, it should help tremendously.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I don't remember where I read it, but I think we can expect a 1900mah battery in the Verizon LTE version. Please let it be true, it should help tremendously.

Here...?

galaxy nexus hand time - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I remember when I first read this, most of what this guy said ended up being pretty legit. He does say "but 1900 mah battery i think". That would be pretty awesome if we got the extra mah, definitely wouldn't hurt. :D

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
your correct but remember, they coulda easily put a stronger battery into the device. they put a 1750 Mhz battery inside of it. the droid razr has a 1780 mhz battery. the gn obv has more power consumption. they really could of added a 1.85k+mhz battery. kinda silly for them not to do that.

and if before a phone comes out, a talk about how i can keep a spare battery in my pocket to keep my phone powered is happeining, then im scared to see how bad the battery is. im going to wait and see the down side of the nexus. ever since it came out, only bad things have been released. no gorilla glass, terrible battery...

and also, put a dam sd card in it like every other phone in the past two years.

Do you honestly believe 100mAh is going to make the battery that much better?

There's a reason these extended batteries are 2700+mAh, because you need an actual increase to improve performance.

Nothing has even been said about the battery, so how can you say it's "terrible"?

They've stated they've used a different form of reinforced glass, I'm sure it's high quality.

We also want our phones thin, so it's a double edged sword.

Looks like you're just reaching here.

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
Do you honestly believe 100mAh is going to make the battery that much better?

There's a reason these extended batteries are 2700+mAh, because you need an actual increase to improve performance.

Nothing has even been said about the battery, so how can you say it's "terrible"?

They've stated they've used a different form of reinforced glass, I'm sure it's high quality.

We also want our phones thin, so it's a double edged sword.

Looks like you're just reaching here.

100 mah will help, if they woulda bumped it up to 2000 then that would of been great.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
100 mah will help, if they woulda bumped it up to 2000 then that would of been great.

Of course, but then we'd be looking at a much thicker phone. It's all about the balancing act.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I do believe you mean dyscalculic :p

Sent from my DROID3

Nope, I meant dyslexic. Dyscalculia is a math disability, unable to do simple arithmetic and such. Dyslexia is when a person has trouble reading due do the brain scrambling letters or numbers. Knowing is power! :p

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The primes battery will not be able to be changed, and so Micro SD card slot, man are they serious, figures Samdung for you.