Disabled G+.....improved battery life

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its dumb why do we have to disable all these apps?

My battery drains like crazy. I was using the phone non stop in the morning on wifi and the battery went from 100 to 80 in like six hours.

After that it lost about another 50% in less than five hours. I charged it to 55% and now its at 12% after two hours. That's horrible battery drain. I can't predict the battery with androids. They have a mind of their own.

In 5 hours you lost 50%? That's normal 4g battery life, actually pretty good depending on your screen time.

You're looking at around 9-15hours depending on usage with a phone with this screen size and 4g if you're using it quite a bit.

If you're on standby the majority of the time, you can last 24hr+ easily.

The reason they suggest disabling apps is because most likely you're not even using them, so they're trying to help you increase your battery life while not affecting your overall experience.

alboboy10

Reaction score
No I lost about 50% in 3 hours sorry. This was after charging my phone up to 55%

And my phone was on wifi. The battery was draining a lot it does this every time after charging midway. But it didn't just drain a little it drained all the way down.

On standby I cant do 24 hours on 4g.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I lost about 50% in 3 hours sorry. This was after charging my phone up to 55%

And my phone was on wifi. The battery was draining a lot it does this every time after charging midway. But it didn't just drain a little it drained all the way down.

On standby I cant do 24 hours on 4g.

A battery charge isn't accurate on your meter until it gets above approx 70% so charging to 55 isn't really 55, but much less
Other factors, such as reception, what you are using your phone for come into play on battery life as well.
To find out more about how your battery works check out the link

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

alboboy10

Reaction score
A battery charge isn't accurate on your meter until it gets above approx 70% so charging to 55 isn't really 55, but much less
Other factors, such as reception, what you are using your phone for come into play on battery life as well.
To find out more about how your battery works check out the link

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I brought it up to 90 something before and it did the same thing.

Also...should it really go down by 40% in less than 3 hours with barely any use? Perfect reception. All wifi.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I'd get something like Watch Dog Lite and see what's using the battery if it's not reception. It doesn't sound normal to me at all

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Big Ry

Reaction score
how do you re-enable a disabled app? I disabled G+ and DRM and my keep awake time shot up which is very odd. I wanted to try to re-enable them to see if it was because if disabling those apps, but they're no longer on the app list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

boilerkj

Reaction score
Kind of piggybacking here....I disabled the DRM content and G+ and now my gallary is eating my battery alive - it has kept my phone awake for over an hour and I haven't touched it once since taking it off the charger - 2 hrs ago. Ideas?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how do you re-enable a disabled app? I disabled G+ and DRM and my keep awake time shot up which is very odd. I wanted to try to re-enable them to see if it was because if disabling those apps, but they're no longer on the app list.

Go to Settings> applications> all apps, then scroll all the way to the bottom. There you will find all the disabled apps. Click on the one you want to re-enable and then select enable.

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
I brought it up to 90 something before and it did the same thing.

Also...should it really go down by 40% in less than 3 hours with barely any use? Perfect reception. All wifi.

It sounds like you have something else happening that you are unaware of. Or maybe you are on wifi and you are out of range and it is searching. Either way your battery should not drain that quickly. I disable 4G because I don't get a steady signal in my area. It constantly tries to ping 4G towers and drains.

Buy a car charger and a few micro usb cables so you can charge througout the day. I am not sure what everyone is expecting for battery life with a 4G device or what you are comparing it to for that matter. I don't know of anyone with a 4G device with "great" battery life. Verizon has cut the prices of extended batteries for 4G phones due to poor battery life. Until battery technology improves this is going to be an issue.

Buy an extra/extended battery and test or return your device. But please stop expecting an "all day" battery experience on your 4G device with a extremely large screen that comsumes a ton of battery.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
OT question here. Would it be safe to disable "My Verizon Mobile"?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OT question here. Would it be safe to disable "My Verizon Mobile"?

Yeah you should be fine disabling it. Worst case scenario you just enable it again if you notice anything out of the ordinary.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response guys! I don't see back up assistant anywhere. Is it listed as another name?

Last edited:

hydro556

Reaction score
How does one disable DRM? I have never even seen it?

Any reason not to disable?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Go to Settings> applications> all apps, then scroll all the way to the bottom. There you will find all the disabled apps. Click on the one you want to re-enable and then select enable.

Ah thanks.

That's kind of stupid. If they're going to put "disabled" apps at the bottom, then it ought to say "enabled" at the top of the list.