Has Apple Lost It's Cool

diverbelow

Reaction score
Apple's response to android taking 2nd place and iphone in 3rd in the US. Here is the quote: “This is a very limited report on 150,000 US consumers responding to an online survey and does not account for the more than 85 million iPhone and iPod touch customers worldwide. IDC figures show that iPhone has 16.1 percent of the smartphone market and growing, far outselling Android on a worldwide basis.

We had a record quarter with iPhone sales growing by 131 percent and with our new iPhone OS 4.0 software coming this summer, we see no signs of the competition catching up anytime soon.”

So Apple had to include the ipod touch and worldwide number to scew the numbers to show that they are outselling android even though NPD was showing numbers only in the US and only smartphones not MP3 players. Way to go Apple, NOT!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't need the iPhone. I don't think you will ever see the iPhone on Verizon.

No matter what anyone says, I have to agree with you on this one. Now that Verizon holds a big chunk of those android phones, we will never see iPhone on Verizon.

That isn't a reason to see it.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Why doesn't this forum let you edit your posts? So now I'm re-posting just to add a single character.

There still has yet to be a SINGLE Android device to knock the iPhone off it's throne.

Thats what I want to see : )

Why?

korp

Reaction score
I think the fact that android allows so many companies to make an android device helps out. One company makes an iPhone which allows you one device with one setup. We can get an htc sense phone, a plain vanilla android phone and many others ... the possibilities are endless. If android did the same thing then they too would become what iPhones have become and disappoint some users who grow bored.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Why doesn't this forum let you edit your posts? So now I'm re-posting just to add a single character.

Why?

Because at that point even the iFans have no excuses.
Exactly. Because at this point its like having the heavy weight champion of the world get beat up by 10 guys and then people say he's not so tough. : )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score
No. He is getting beat up by one guy. He just has alot of different outfits.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
To me if all the Android phones are winning as a collective it is a victory because choice is the embodiment of the Android mission choice and freedom

I would not like to see a single phone take to much of the market share for Android though it would almost need to happen to knock the Apple fan boys off their ours is still better boxs

This is an incredibly insightful post, Android is about open source and development of the free public, iPhone embodies the opposite of this and demonstrates this with every product effort they undertake.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Apple has been (and is) on top of the market for a few years now. Android has advanced so much because it is up against such great competition.

I think Android is a far better system than iPhone. But let them have the market, let them have the polls, and we'll reap the benefits.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Apple has been (and is) on top of the market for a few years now. Android has advanced so much because it is up against such great competition.

I think Android is a far better system than iPhone. But let them have the market, let them have the polls, and we'll reap the benefits.

This is truth. No matter what, what goes up must come down...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh, boys... Apple is selling iPads as fast as the slave labor in China can churn them out. And when the fourth generation iPhone is introduced, it will do so as well. Android devices are important players but the notion that the Apple platform is in decline is simply silly.

waltwhitman

Reaction score

Android edges ahead

The changing of the guard was signaled earlier this month: Stats released by market research firm NPD showed that Android phones had outsold iPhones in the first quarter of 2010. Google's operating system accounted for 28 percent of U.S. smartphone sales, versus 21 percent for the iPhone OS. RIM retained the lead, however: BlackBerry phones captured 36 percent of the market.

What turned the tide? NPD attributes the change to the success of the Motorola Droid and Droid Eris. Finally, Android is being coupled with appealing handsets, driving mainstream adoption.

interesting read