Handcent... Insufficient storage?

Naebue

Reaction score
So I was on the UDv10 and used apps2SD so I did the partitioning and such. I upgraded (yes, I'm calling it that) to Redrum 1.1 (freaking rocks). Now I'm having this problem, and I'm not sure (but I think it is) if it's related to the partition. When I try to install Handcent now, I get an error that says, "Installation Error - Insufficient storage available." Anyone else having this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!
~Eddie

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm not to familiar with the app2sd stuff, but it sounds like that may be the issue. Is there a way to remove the partition or disable apps2sd?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jasonb

Reaction score
I had this issue a couple updates ago. I don't use apps2sd, so I don't think its really an apps2sd problem.

I had to uninstall and then reinstall the app. I had plenty of free space on my phone so I don't know what the real problem was.

ldimick

Reaction score
I had this issue a couple updates ago. I don't use apps2sd, so I don't think its really an apps2sd problem.

I had to uninstall and then reinstall the app. I had plenty of free space on my phone so I don't know what the real problem was.

When that happens there is usually some remnant file from handcent left behind. You did the correct thing to fix it.

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
Thanks for the links Mike. After messing around I found that there was a handcent app still around, which is why it was trying to upgrade it instead of install it. took a little looking around, but I found it, deleted and rebooted just to make sure it was gone. I even went through and deleted the backup I had in titanium backups. Now to remove the partition because it's not doing anything for me at this point.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonderful! Glad you were able to remove the old version and get up and running.
Mike

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
Now I'm trying to get rid of the partition on the SD card, and it's not working... I'm still only showing 14.6gb of space on the 16gb card. Any suggestions?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Now I'm trying to get rid of the partition on the SD card, and it's not working... I'm still only showing 14.6gb of space on the 16gb card. Any suggestions?

That could be right. Mine shows 14.83gb total space on mine.

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
hmm... did you ever do the partitions for apps2SD or swap?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw you on the IRC were they able to get this corrected?

Mike