half way bricked

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i installed the artic for my d4 and then went into recovery and hit back up and restore and then restore and then safe recovery.when i reboot it just goes black..i can get into cwm tho..what do i do

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you installed arctic, then made a backup?

Did you make a backup in non-safe mode?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
hey man please dont leave me hangin here lol......no, i made a back up in non safe and safe...all before i installed the rom..
once the rom was installed i hit reboot..well because u have to do a factory reset, once i rebooted i went back into cwm and hit restore and then safe recovery instead of non safe recovery

shoeski

Reaction score
If you flashed your artic rom over the safe mode partition you should just be able to go into the safestrap menu and go back to unsafe mode and it should have your stock droid rom on it.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I thought so myself..i went into cwm an disabled safe mode, then hit restore and hit nonsafe restore. Then hit reboot and still went to black

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Ok fella's never mind on the black screen. I turned off safe mode and restored it twice and rebooted twice and everything is good to go. Thanks.
But what abt the rom that i abanded? Should i go into my files and erase the artic zip completely and start over?
How would i erase the nandroid back in safe mode?

shoeski

Reaction score
if you want to try another rom or redo it just go into your safe mode and reflash the zip file. it should do the rest for you like delete old files and such. after it finishes just erase data and cache stuff.

btw if your messing around with your safe mode and roms after you get done just revert it back to non safe and reboot to go back to your stock rom. you shouldnt have to restore because your non safe shouldnt have been touched. restore seems to be buggy sometimes so i dont use it right now. as long as you dont mess with your non safe mode with your stock rom you shouldnt have to restore.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
if you want to try another rom or redo it just go into your safe mode and reflash the zip file. it should do the rest for you like delete old files and such. after it finishes just erase data and cache stuff.

btw if your messing around with your safe mode and roms after you get done just revert it back to non safe and reboot to go back to your stock rom. you shouldnt have to restore because your non safe shouldnt have been touched. restore seems to be buggy sometimes so i dont use it right now. as long as you dont mess with your non safe mode with your stock rom you shouldnt have to restore.

Thanks ...but dont u erase all ur data and cache before u install the rom zip?

shoeski

Reaction score
I don't think you have to. It should do that for you while installing the zip. I'm still a noob to this stuff so I'm not 100% lol but when I looked into it and tested it myself, that's what it looked like.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums