Is my phone bricked? It gets caught in startup sequence but I can still access safest

Lunchboxor

Reaction score
I can still access safestrap. Ok so heres what happened...

I turned on my phone this morning after letting it charge overnight while it was off, because it had fallen to 0 and I just plugged it in and went to sleep. When my gummy 1.0 loaded every two seconds a popup would come up my phone android phone process failed. with cancel or send report. it would come right back up if i hit cancel, and I couldnt make calls, but everything else would work. So I tried wiping my cache and delvik cache, rebooted, still the same error message. So then I got the bright idea to restore my phone on what I thought was a restore point for ics. It turned out to be a restore point for gingerbread. upon doing this my screen goes black when nyan cat boot screen should come up, and it gets stuck there. I reboot, and go into safestrap. I do a factory reset on the device. Still black screen, but I can get into safestrap. Am I bricked? If not what can I do to fix my problem?

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you can still access safestrap you're far from bricked. I would recommend completely wiping data/cache and reflashing the rom. Just burn it with fire and start over. If you find for whatever reason you're not able to get any rom working on your safe system simply switch back to your non-safe; thats the whole point of safestrap.

Bricking the D4 usually occurs when you're stuck at the moto bootloader and you can't even access safestrap or any form of boot. Prior to the SBF files being released that was the kiss of death, but you'll find it's much harder to end up with no options now that we have those files.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

Lunchboxor

Reaction score
what do you mean burn it with fire? and how do I get the rom flashed back on? As you can tell im now very good at this >.>

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Have you tried turning on/off the safe system? If you can then you can reflash your ROM via safestrap just as before.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Haha, it's fine. By burn it with fire I mean abandon all hopes of salvaging your current rom. If you mixed some ICS and GB system stuff, you probably won't be able to undo that without starting fresh. In the safestrap menu just wipe your data/cache and choose install from zip. Go ahead and reinstall your rom.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Im stuck at the team kang unicorn bootlogo...what do I do? Just wait til batteries die an see if I can get into safestrap?..i installed a nexus theme in clockwork mod..

GigaJake

Reaction score
Official ClockworkMod or Safestrap?

moccor

Reaction score
Im stuck at the team kang unicorn bootlogo...what do I do? Just wait til batteries die an see if I can get into safestrap?..i installed a nexus theme in clockwork mod..

Hold the Power Button and the Volume Down Button, it should force shutdown the phone.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Thanks fella's..but the power and volume down trick didn't work...

I flashed it in safestrap recovery..sorry for the confusion

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Since you can still access safestrap,why don't you shut down, power up, get into safestrap, and reflash the rom.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Once the team kang boot logo came up there was nothing I could do..except wait til battery died and power back on and then boot into bootstrap...I got it now but thanks