is there a way to use 2roms at once

93fuelslut

Reaction score
To run on a rom u have to install zip and gapps and reboot...then use titanuim backup to restore everything....then if u want to run a different rom u have to wipe everything install that rom and gapps and reboot and restore everything by titanuim backup...is there a way to bounce 2 different.roms at once like have a nandroid back up on gummi and one on aokp and just use an app to restore it and have it. Pop up.or somethin?

And how do I get pandora widget on my lockscreen for gummi or aokp? Music widget is there

GigaJake

Reaction score
Back on my OG droid I would constantly bounce back and forth between nandroid backups because of the wide variety of roms. My advice: Set up each rom the way you want. Install it, flash gapps, customize it the way you want. Then create a nandroid backup. This is essentially a snapshot of your device. Then go ahead and set up the second one, create a nandroid backup of it too. The quickest way to switch between these two roms would be restoring from nandroid backups (especially if you're going from some very different roms, like a GB based one and a ICS based one). The only issues you're going to run into is that data won't transfer over (messages, apps, etc) but these can be managed through Titanium Backup. If you make any major changes to your roms, go ahead and make a new backup, eliminating the old ones.

I don't know of any app that let's you quickly transfer between roms, especially one that gives the sensation of being able to 'toggle' between them.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Hopefully the D4 will be supported by Boot Manager soon. Used to love that app on my D2. It lets you switch between multiple ROMs with ease. They added Razr support not too long ago and are supposedly working on D4 compatibility.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Hopefully the D4 will be supported by Boot Manager soon. Used to love that app on my D2. It lets you switch between multiple ROMs with ease. They added Razr support not too long ago and are supposedly working on D4 compatibility.

I thought razor was exactly the same in files and what ever just except phyiscal keyboard

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Back on my OG droid I would constantly bounce back and forth between nandroid backups because of the wide variety of roms. My advice: Set up each rom the way you want. Install it, flash gapps, customize it the way you want. Then create a nandroid backup. This is essentially a snapshot of your device. Then go ahead and set up the second one, create a nandroid backup of it too. The quickest way to switch between these two roms would be restoring from nandroid backups (especially if you're going from some very different roms, like a GB based one and a ICS based one). The only issues you're going to run into is that data won't transfer over (messages, apps, etc) but these can be managed through Titanium Backup. If you make any major changes to your roms, go ahead and make a new backup, eliminating the old ones.

I don't know of any app that let's you quickly transfer between roms, especially one that gives the sensation of being able to 'toggle' between them.
Wow that was detailed...that's what I was thinkin but thought there would be something better...

kwyrt

Reaction score
I thought razor was exactly the same in files and what ever just except phyiscal keyboard

Yeah, that was my thought when I read it. Not sure what the issue is that makes it compatible with the Razr but not the D4.