'Hack' any Android phone to support RCS

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ap_resize.php

Tired of waiting on your carrier to roll out RCS? Wait no more!

As is being reported everywhere a method to forcibly enable RCS on nearly every Android phone. Some suspect this method may have actually been leaked by Google because there's of course a Google related caveat: this only works with Googles Messages app.

Our source for this particular article, and the cute pic, is Android Police. Head over there if you want an in-depth idiot proof walk through of how to do this. It's not hard.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Same. #Pulse4Life

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Wadman

Reaction score
I followed the steps but when I go to chat features it says chat features unavailable for this device. Not sure what I did wrong.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some recent posts all over the internet-of-things suggest this has already been disabled. Not sure how true that is, but have seen a lot of articles saying this is already disabled.

Good try by Google. Yes, I think we all know that Google "leaked" this in an attempt to force US Carriers to adopt RCS functionality and stop dragging their feet.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JiveTurkee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (T-Mobile)
Still working for me

Sent from my SM-N950U using mobile forums

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google is now rolling out RCS to everyone. With the caveat that it will only be available using Google Messages app. I hasn't hit my phone yet, so I keep going back to Pulse as my default to make switching between phone, tablet and PC easier.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It doesn't look different at all. It just adds more functionality to the existing Android Messages app. More characters per text message, higher quality pics as attachments, etc. It's not visually different at all. And if a contact also has RCS enabled the window where you type text will say Chat Message instead of Text Message.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk