NetFlix App Hacked; Installable & Useable on Almost Any Android Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
netflix-android.jpg

Some bright-minded individuals over at XDA-Developers have done it again. They hacked the NetFlix app, and now you can install and use it on almost any Android device. And, the best part is, you don't even need to have a rooted phone to use it. Here's a quote from the BGR article,
The workaround is tested and working on plenty of devices and it couldn’t be easier to do; you’ll just have to change a setting and then install one of the Netflix apps linked in the xda thread. Of note, most AT&T devices won’t be supported until a fix is implemented, but that should be coming in the near future.
This is awesome news for the movie, tv-show, and anime junkies who want to watch NetFlix "on-the-go". Click on the link to XDA-Developers below to get the instructions and download links.

Source: BGR and XDA-Developers

TheBlurrr

Reaction score
Totally awesome, been waiting for a while for something like this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

xsentrick

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z3V
Works on Droid X

Just installed on my Droid X and works like a charm! You guys rock!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dl this a few days ago. Must have streamed 5gb of data so far. Love it! Works like a dream

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

jayman350

Reaction score
Yup I'm running this on Droid Concepts Build 9 (froyo) with my D1. Have not had a single issue yet, except the fact that the app size went from around 8MB to somewhere around 16MB after streaming a couple of shows.

I used the second link (no device check)

chasehammer

Reaction score
the story is misconceiving. I have been following that thread on XDA but it doesnt work on ANY phone. Most of the phones HAVE to be on Gingerbread for it to work.

it DOES NOT work on Droid 2 on Froyo but does on Gingerbread. sigh way to get my hopes up that this was something new.

allan1313

Reaction score
the story is misconceiving. I have been following that thread on XDA but it doesnt work on ANY phone. Most of the phones HAVE to be on Gingerbread for it to work.

it DOES NOT work on Droid 2 on Froyo but does on Gingerbread. sigh way to get my hopes up that this was something new.

Works on my D1 running Froyo. You do not need Gingerbread.
I am running 2.2.1

chasehammer

Reaction score

I am running 2.2.1

i said MOST have to be on on gingerbread not all.

Anomander

Reaction score
Option #2 worked for me as well with my Rooted D1 (sapphire ROM). :icon_ banana:

allan1313

Reaction score

I am running 2.2.1

i said MOST have to be on on gingerbread not all.

Calm down...I was just saying......

Jeepdvr

Reaction score
Installed the devicecheck-disabled version on my non rooted, D1. Works great! dancedroid