Google Wallet Hacked Again: This time it's scarier - simple and no root needed

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stated in a thread about this last night that its really not a big deal. Its still safer than losing your wallet. Plus if my phone is lost/stolen, first thing I'm doing is reporting it to Verizon who will block all phone and data access on the device rendering Google wallet useless anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Wifi?

----posted maxx'ed out----

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
You understand someone can screw you over in 15 mins..

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
People could find my home address by looking at my Facebook. Or, Hell, even the Whitepages for that matter. Should everyone be listed as private and phone books should be destroyed now?

I do understand what you're saying though. Of course you don't want people accessing your private data. Which is why I say... don't use google wallet. It's incredibly risky and scary that a computer hacker could get into your flawed wifi or mobile connection somehow and steal your card info. I fail to see how that's more safe than having the card in your wallet- where someone can't just hack into it from a far away distance.

Last edited:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
People could find my home address by looking at my Facebook. Or, Hell, even the Whitepages for that matter. Should everyone be listed as private and phone books should be destroyed now?

Can the random person sitting next to you on the subway find your address and schedule in under 5 minutes without asking you a single question? If you leave an unlocked smartphone on the seat they can.

There's a difference between someone actively searching for information about you and you simply handing it to a random stranger. A car thief can bust the window to get into your car. Do you just leave the car unlocked with the windows down all of the time?

Is everyone here just deadset against a lockscreen?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wifi?

How many places with Google wallet access have open wifi? By the time they found a pay pass and wifi area, I've already locked my account by changing my Google password.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
A locked phone makes it longer to access but a person with basic knowledge can get rid of lock and get everything in about 15 mins or less.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
yes pick your phones but just don't rely on it too much.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
*Lock* Spelling Error.

pauldesire35

Reaction score
View attachment 47257

Have you ever forgotten your root password and needed to reset it? I have a very good memory. I remember most of my client's passwords (there are a few I forget regularly for no reason that I can understand, but I really do know most), I remember telephone numbers, and of course I know my own passwords. That last isn't as easy as it might sound, because I have quite a few different systems and each has its own password, but though I might use the wrong one now and then, I'll get it on the second or third try.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
How many places with Google wallet access have open wifi? By the time they found a pay pass and wifi area, I've already locked my account by changing my Google password.

Just thinking that Verizon cant block data over wifi. It was a question ...

wolstonc

Reaction score
apparently Google is putting a hold on their prepaid cards says engadget. But mine just worked, although it got stuck on the sent screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
@Kodiak799: So you're saying that locking your phone is useless and people shouldn't bother... Not even as a precaution.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

That's not what I said at all. I said one shouldn't have overly sensitive personal/financial data on their phone. There is no need for it. And THEN, yes, there really isn't need to lock your phone.