Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
recovery mode FDR

I have tried disconnecting it and rebooting and it still hangs. and if a FDR is going through recovery and erasing cashe ect after the ICS install, then yes i did.

Recovery mode
1. Start with being powered off
2. Hold both volume up and down then power on
3. Volume down moves, volume up selects the highlighted choice
4. when you get to the exclamation point press both volume buttons
5. scroll to Wipe data/factory reset
6. select with power button

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
Recovery mode

Did that, been sitting here for 15 minutes on the white droid screen. unplugged from everything

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Did that, been sitting here for 15 minutes on the white droid screen. unplugged from everything

How many times have you tried to do the FXZ flash ?
A full FXZ basically resets the phone to "out of the box" status.
PM me.

jetguat

Reaction score
Here is a guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ that I cobbled together from various post.
Credit goes to those that wrote the original & host the links. I just amended it a little & put it in one place to make it a little easier to use & find.
Hopefully this will help those trying to get there 246 ICS issues worked out.

This will put you phone back to just like it would have come from Motorola with 246 ICS on it.

You can use this to install .246 over any version you are on.

You can't fxz back to gingerbread from the .246 ota (or leak 235 and above) trying to do that will brick your phone.

This will wipe everything but your external sd-card.
Back up or move anything you want off the internal sd-card / Memory.

Downloads

The 246 ICS fxz here its the very bottom one
Droid-Developers SBF

Moto Helper device manager

Motorola USB drivers v5.7.0- 32bit

Motorola USB drivers v5.7.0- 64bit

RSDLite 5.7
https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNG0WYQLgezkhuWhljPuN6TMhzp66w

Use the back USB ports on a desktop. On a laptop it does not matter.

Everything you download will be to your computer desktop.
1. Download .246 FXZ file.
2. Download Motorola drivers to your desktop or use Moto helper device manager.
3. When it is done downloading click on it and install
4. download RSDLite 5.7 to your desktop.
5. When it is done downloading click on it and install
6. start RSDLite 5.7
7. turn phone off
8. press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time on the phone. The fastboot menu will appear.
9. plug your bionic into your computer with the cable that came with the phone.
10. Click on RSDLite, you should see your phone listed.
11. click on your phone to highlight.
12. click on "..." symbol.
13. navigate to the .246 FXZ file location and select that file.
14. on the next pop up select uncompress and start flashing.
15. let the program run until your phone reboots. rsdlite screen will say 22/22 complete.
16. when the green android is up you are done.
17. click on the green man and log in with your google account.

Some time RSDLite does not say complete but the android will show up on your phone. It is complete don't worry about the warnings.

to root your phone after updating for those that wish to.

This is the link for the file to root with razors edge http://t.co/mbIAmwH8 some prefer it.

Recovery mode to Wipe data/factory reset

Question. What are benefits/Pro/Reasons for using the wipe data/factory reset from recovery mode, over the factory reset that is contain
in the settings?

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Question. What are benefits/Pro/Reasons for using the wipe data/factory reset from recovery mode, over the factory reset that is contain
in the settings?

It does the same thing.
Doing it from recovery is for when you cant get the phone to boot/ start up. You can erase data that may be giving you problems and put all files back to as if it came right out of the box.

deemoney71

Reaction score
I tried the house of bionic on a 902 update i think its bricked. Can you help in any way.

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I tried the house of bionic on a 902 update i think its bricked. Can you help in any way.
You have to give me more information on what you mean by bricked.
does it not turn on at all ?
Is it stuck at a paticuliar screen ?
what version were you on before trying to flash it with HOB ?
can you boot into recovery ?

N2Nuttin

Reaction score
I never downloaded a leaked verison of the ics update, but I am forever rooted. I can not download the update from verizon, so I am wondering what I need to do to get the update installed.
I attempted to use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and downloaded the update only for the update to fail again.
So my question is where do I go from here?
If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I never downloaded a leaked verison of the ics update, but I am forever rooted. I can not download the update from verizon, so I am wondering what I need to do to get the update installed.
I attempted to use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and downloaded the update only for the update to fail again.
So my question is where do I go from here?
If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Just do the 246 FXZ flash to ICS on the phone. Forever root causes issues with taking the OTA update & you cant get all the files from forever root off the phone to accept the OTA update.

If you have titanium back up make sure & do a fresh back up before flashing & you can restore apps & app data a lot quicker & easier after the flash.

Make sure you have everything on the internal storage that you want to keep as far as photos & music moved to your computer or external Sd card than flash it with the files in this thread first post.
Root it again with the file in the first post if you want after flashing the phone, as everything will be wiped clean as it would have come out of the box.

If you have a lot of photos & music I would move them to the computer & move them back after the flash.
It is known to take a very long time to flash the phone if you have a lot of media on the phone. Some people it has taken hours.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rather than have members move all of their content from their internal sdcard, wouldn't it be just better to edit the XML command to erase the internal storage?? That way you don't have to issue the warning about people losing their data on the internal sdcard or have members not read that and flash without backing up

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Rather than have members move all of their content from their internal sdcard, wouldn't it be just better to edit the XML command to erase the internal storage?? That way you don't have to issue the warning about people losing their data on the internal sdcard or have members not read that and flash without backing up

That would be an option, but the problem I see is that some apps create folders & store data & other various things on the internal storage.
The point is to get rid of what ever may be causing the problem with the phone which means erasing everything except the media you want to keep & putting the phone back to fresh out of the box.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That would be an option, but the problem I see is that some apps create folders & store data & other various things on the internal storage.
The point is to get rid of what ever may be causing the problem with the phone which means erasing everything except the media you want to keep & putting the phone back to fresh out of the box.

The official .246 OTA does not wipe the internal sdcard partition, so what this FXZ is doing is basically a useless step that could be disastrous for a member that forgets or misses that backup you recommend. For most that do FXZ they usually use TiBackUp to restore their apps, which would create those folders once again anyways, so why the need to wipe those folders in the first place? This is the same issue that Srgntmajordad had with his FXZs.
That being said, you can continue to suggest that extra step just to make it easier for members....but once I decide to go ahead and use/test this FXZ I will edit the XML omitting those commands regarding the internal sdcard partition, and will post that editted FXZ at that time.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I followed all steps updated drivers etc as suggested when I get to Fast Boot menu my device shows N/A N/A etc. but states model FASTBOOT TARGA etc. The phones a Bionic though is that ok?

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I followed all steps updated drivers etc as suggested when I get to Fast Boot menu my device shows N/A N/A etc. but states model FASTBOOT TARGA etc. The phones a Bionic though is that ok?
yes as long as it is showing in Rsdlite as connected you are good to go.
It will not say Bionic it will show the processor name which is targa.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I can't get root to work it states exploit complete but when I run Titanium backup it states device is not rooted.