[GUIDE] Return to stock or recover a brick using the new file format: FXZ

dr10129

Reaction score
I'm having a FXZ issue. I one click FXZ'd so I could upgrade to .893 because I had the webtop hack installed. I forgot to do the forever root before useing cheesecake to get to .893 and was stuck without root. I then one click FXZ'd back to .886 so I could start the process over again, not realizing that .893 updated the radio and such which prevented me from rooting in .886. So now I'm on .886 with those updated because the one click is a minimal restore. I'm trying to run the full FXZ but it fails the second I start it. I boot looped after and was about to one click FXZ again to get it back to present state. No matter what I do I still can't get it to full FXZ. I had check the Full FXZ - c3287f0d811c779c0261ebaa2f17693a it's correct. Is there any way I can solve my issue? (I've been rooting and ROMing since the G1. I've never come across anything like this.) thank you in advanced for the replys

MikeMasso

Reaction score
I'm trying to flash the FXZ in RSD Lite, and it can flash the system.img but when it gets to the boot.img it fails every time.. what should I do?

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
is anyone having issues trying to reinstall Liberty after the factory reset /893 update/root ? cause everything else went fine except trying to get the liberty flashed back to this new update ... it gets stuck in boot loop

TheJester34

Reaction score
is anyone having issues trying to reinstall Liberty after the factory reset /893 update/root ? cause everything else went fine except trying to get the liberty flashed back to this new update ... it gets stuck in boot loop

I don't know if it means anything or whatnot, but Liberty was based on .886, if it makes a difference

bigonurd

Reaction score
In need of some assistance. Rooted then deleted yahoo with titanium back-up. Had issues getting yahoo back, so I decided to flash to original. Followed the Windows directions above to the T. Only thing that was different was the creation date. Pictured it is 00:31:50. The file showed 01:31:50 on mine. I have tried to flash on 2 different computers in ever USB port. As soon as it gets to 4/5 it fails. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss. I'm currently downloading the full version that wseyller posted. Pretty sure that I've bricked it at this point.

bigonurd

Reaction score
Scratch that. Just used R3l3AS3DRoot and I'm back to factory with root and 43v3r root. =)

ghodgso1

Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help me out, I realized I needed to go back to the 886 or 893 update from the 901 so that I could 4ever root. So I figured if I used fastboot to go to stock I could update to 893 then 4ever root and just go to 901. The problem is that when I turned my Bionic on from fastboot I had no radio service anymore and the 893 update wouldn't work from recovery mode. I tried RSDlite and even tried to fastboot again. I think the problem is something with the kernel or radio keeping the 901 update. Any ideas how to get to the 893 update so I can finally 4ever root this dam phone?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help me out, I realized I needed to go back to the 886 or 893 update from the 901 so that I could 4ever root. So I figured if I used fastboot to go to stock I could update to 893 then 4ever root and just go to 901. The problem is that when I turned my Bionic on from fastboot I had no radio service anymore and the 893 update wouldn't work from recovery mode. I tried RSDlite and even tried to fastboot again. I think the problem is something with the kernel or radio keeping the 901 update. Any ideas how to get to the 893 update so I can finally 4ever root this dam phone?

I've noticed several folks having success with this lately: Unbrick Your Bionic Here /windows/mac/linux support - RootzWiki

Good luck