Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I can't get root to work it states exploit complete but when I run Titanium backup it states device is not rooted.
You must not be doing something wrong in the process of rooting it. try it again & pay particular attention to what you are doing & follow the directions exactly. Don't hurry & at every step make sure it is completing the way it is supposed to, if it gives an error let us know exactly what the error was or when it failed to complete. We cant help you without some details as to what is happening.
Just saying it doesn't work, no one is going to be able to help you.

blk757

Reaction score
ok, i've done everything but when i get to the uncompress and flash step, RSD says it cannot unzip file...what am i doing wrong? I've tried unzipping it myself to the same problem

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
ok, i've done everything but when i get to the uncompress and flash step, RSD says it cannot unzip file...what am i doing wrong? I've tried unzipping it myself to the same problem

First are you flashing a Bionic or a rezound as your profile shows.
Does your computer show the file extensions ? Make sure the file is not named zip.zip

blk757

Reaction score
It's a friends bionic, and I'll look at the file again when I get back to a computer...my brain is fried atm

conceptvip

Reaction score
Im trying set my phone back to factory by using the guide. It keeps failing and saying "failed flash process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returned FAIL." any ideas? My phone is rooted but not sure with what anymore and i just want to update to jellybean but it fails the update.

Thanks

conceptvip

Reaction score
So after looking around and found these steps and it worked.

1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save

stockton350

Reaction score
I couldn't get the OTA JB update to work because of a problem relating to Beats audio. I reverted to stock ICS using the steps above and installed JB from the SD card. It worked.

Unfortunately, I lost root and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it.

My question: can I use RSD lite to revert to stock ICS again, then get root, and then flash CM10? I want JB but with root access and am willing to live with the CM10 bugs to get it.

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I couldn't get the OTA JB update to work because of a problem relating to Beats audio. I reverted to stock ICS using the steps above and installed JB from the SD card. It worked.

Unfortunately, I lost root and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it.

My question: can I use RSD lite to revert to stock ICS again, then get root, and then flash CM10? I want JB but with root access and am willing to live with the CM10 bugs to get it.
No you can't go back to ICS after updating to Jelly bean. You will have to wait until someone figures out a root exploit for JB now to get root.

cervri

Reaction score
So after looking around and found these steps and it worked.

1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save

I tried to update and got exactly the same message as you...I am hesitant to edit the cfc file, what is it actually doing? What did you use to edit it?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
lol i feel the same way i'm getting the same error. i doubled clicked it and it opened in internet explorer. dont know if i can save it that way. i'm hesitant because he as only two posts...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He's likely talking about the XML...that can be edited and saved using Notepad++ (a freeware for PC)

cervri

Reaction score
lol i feel the same way i'm getting the same error. i doubled clicked it and it opened in internet explorer. dont know if i can save it that way. i'm hesitant because he as only two posts...

OK, I finally took the plunge and tried it. It worked. In the end I had some errors about SD card access, but solved that by reformatting the internal SD Card. As far as I can tell all is good now. Next I will attempt the linux Root.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
damn.
so how did you edit it downloading notepad++ ?

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
damn.
so how did you edit it downloading notepad++ ?
Open it with Microsoft xl or notepad or a text editor and delete the line than save it.