Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

ldubs

Reaction score
Yes. As soon as I hit start. Also tried house of bionic version and got the same error.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Anomander

Reaction score
No you appeared to have editted the XML correctly if RSDLite was successful... the enmstorage commands are referring to your internal sdcard partition, your apps are in your system partiton which is wiped when the 'erase userdata' command is run in the FXZ... When you FXZ it will always wipe all of your data from your system partition, requiring you to resign in to your gmail account, what is unnecessary is the emstorage command which wipes the internal sdcard partition for absolutely no reason (wiping your documanets, pictures, media that may be stored on that sdcard partition)
I hope I explained it well enough...
You did, but I do not always think the best after getting off of work on Nightshift after a 12 hour shift. I'm assuming I lost root too, but no big deal if I did. I was overdue for a wipe anyways since it has been a while.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes. As soon as I hit start. Also tried house of bionic version and got the same error.

So you're using RSDLite 5.7 and you are launching the .XML file correct?

You did, but I do not always think the best after getting off of work on Nightshift after a 12 hour shift. I'm assuming I lost root too, but no big deal if I did. I was overdue for a wipe anyways since it has been a while.
Easy to root .246 again using razr's Edge

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I keep getting invalid input file. :(

Are you selecting uncompress and start flashing with RSDLite ?

ldubs

Reaction score
So you're using RSDLite 5.7 and you are launching the .XML file correct?

Easy to root .246 again using razr's Edge

I was. Wound up using hob for Mac, then had to do webtop fix on the windows side, then rooted. Viola. Whew. Sheesh!

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I was. Wound up using hob for Mac, then had to do webtop fix on the windows side, then rooted. Viola. Whew. Sheesh!

No wonder, you are on a mac.
You didn't mention that in your other post !!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like he was using both

donelam304

Reaction score
I know this may sound like a noob question. But, lol. If I try this method, can I re-root my phone. And once again have root access. Also, are there any rims out for ICS that we can customize our bionic with and/or themes.

I have tried everything so far but this. I have done the factory data reset X 3 and cache X 3. And still couldn't get ICS to install. I'm gonna try this method now. I have downloaded ad tried to install well over a dozen times now.

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I know this may sound like a noob question. But, lol. If I try this method, can I re-root my phone. And once again have root access. Also, are there any rims out for ICS that we can customize our bionic with and/or themes.

I have tried everything so far but this. I have done the factory data reset X 3 and cache X 3. And still couldn't get ICS to install. I'm gonna try this method now. I have downloaded ad tried to install well over a dozen times now.

The answer to both your questions is Yes.

I rooted mine with motfail while on 905 & used voodoo rootkeeper to retain root through the updates.

To root your Bionic with motofail:

1. Install the Motorola Drivers:
  2. Download motofail
  3. Put your Bionic into USB Debugging and USB Charge Only modes
  4. Run motofail's run.bat

This is the link for the file to root with razors edge http://t.co/mbIAmwH8 some prefer it.

ldubs

Reaction score

Yeah but I was trying to do this on the windows side of bootcamp.

Tony.The.Tiger

Reaction score
Thanks sst45jeff!I wish I found YOUR guide two days ago. Ever since Verizon pushed ICS to me in the soak, I've been trying to get it to install. It downloaded fine, but hung after a minute or two. I have all the downloads already (after following a couple other guides). I'm finally on 4.0.4 / 6.7.246XT875.Verizon.en.US.
I have three points I'd like to make.
1. After reading days of forum posts, just clear out your SD card. My music and video-rips were already on my computer. Same with the eBooks, podcasts, audiobooks, Pictures, and documents (if they weren't already in my Dropbox, Box.com, Sugarsync, Evernote, etc.). TitaniumBackup was syncing online as well. I took the opportunity to reformat the card. This RSDLite/.264 IFC FXZ method only took eight minutes.
2. For me, RSDLite 5.7 only got to 21/21 and rebooted a second time, before going into ICS's "Preparing device" - no clicking on the green android at all (I thought I did something wrong for a moment.)
3. I believe my problem has been not being 100% stock. Like others, I used 43V3R Root to root my phone; but I also used Advast's Mobile Security, which has a anti-removal feature.
Thank you again.

jhahn812

Reaction score
I keeping getting a corrupted file when downloading the 246 file. I download about half of it, then the download say it is complete. However, I can't open the file. Any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks.

Joeteck

Reaction score
I've setup a FTP server at my house for people having trouble getting the file.. I have a hurricane here on LI, so get it while you can. Limit is set to 5 connections. I've included all the files needed in the ZIP. RSDlite, Motorola drivers, and .246 file and instructions. Please only connect if you need the file.

Joe

enjoy
ON battery backup... shutting down..

Last edited:

Anomander

Reaction score
Quick question. After the .246 update was installed I noticed that my signal strength for 3G is horrible and when I am in 4G areas it is not fully maxed either. Both of these were always rock solid in the locations where they should be. I pulled the SiM card and battery, but still no go. If I remember right updating the PRL is not required with 4G or the Bionic is it even possible to do that still?