(GUIDE) how to root DINC2 2.3.3

jtsrtr13

Reaction score
Now the command prompt isn't doing anything....the beta key was accepted, but it has done anything since. It just says "Beta Key accepted - thank you for participating"

jtsrtr13

Reaction score
ok....well i started over and it accepted the beta key again, but before it gets to asking me about ClockWorkMod recovery it says "Zerging root...this might take a minute or so...communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again.

What do i need to do now?

OP
estafusisx

estafusisx

Reaction score
ok....well i started over and it accepted the beta key again, but before it gets to asking me about ClockWorkMod recovery it says "Zerging root...this might take a minute or so...communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again.

What do i need to do now?

Yea just keep trying i guess.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Recovery

Worked just fine for me. Been waiting to root my Dinc2 since coming from a D2G. Only question I have is, how do I get to the recovery page so I can make a nandroid. It seemed alot easier on the D2G. It is just nice to be able to go in and run TB and now freeze all the "Verizon" crap that is useless.

OP
estafusisx

estafusisx

Reaction score
Worked just fine for me. Been waiting to root my Dinc2 since coming from a D2G. Only question I have is, how do I get to the recovery page so I can make a nandroid. It seemed alot easier on the D2G. It is just nice to be able to go in and run TB and now freeze all the "Verizon" crap that is useless.

Hold the volume down button while you boot the phone up and it will boot into HBoot. From the HBoot menu you can boot into recovery

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I may have missed the answer...

Rooting this way is reversible, right?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

DaMailman60

Reaction score
Got to the part about installing the "root.zip" this fails;

installing /sdcard/root.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted

Not sure which SuperUser zip file is needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OP
estafusisx

estafusisx

Reaction score
Got to the part about installing the "root.zip" this fails;

installing /sdcard/root.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted

Not sure which SuperUser zip file is needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry I've been gone for a few days. The first thing i would do if your still trying to get it to work would be to download the root.zip again because it should work even though I personally haven't tested it. I did change the a while ago though. If it still doesn't work I can give you the old root.zip to install and that should definitely work.

scoobntaz1996

Reaction score
so i am just curious this is the root method for rooting if you have already done the ota upgrade from verizon?

gardner120

Reaction score
I have installed everything but I can't get superuser to access the root. The update always fails both from the market and from the sd card. I installed the superuser update fixer and that fails also. Busybox is not allowed root access also. Everything else is working fine. Just can't install superuser. Any ides?