[Tool] Root 2.11.605.9, No data wipe or downgrade!

knlin515

Reaction score
Even if that's my only source of internet?

How do I check if I have the fastboot drivers?
(Sorry for all the questions I'm really new to rooting)

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you already pay for the hot spot, I wouldnt root because there is speculation that data speeds may slow

Sent from my mobile look-at device

knlin515

Reaction score
Wow thank you for all your help and this tool it worked flawlessly

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Added full walk through to op!!!

Sent from my iPad (the one with no name :p ) using Tapatalk

drice72

Reaction score
The only problem I had was the usb cable. After I got a good quality cable, the tool ran once and rooted. I downloaded root checker and verified root. I have since installed wifi tether on her device and she is surfing away.

Great find op, thanks for posting it here!

foxart

Reaction score
Thank you!!!! Mil Gracias

Sucessfullllll!!!!! Working I'm now Root

En ninguna parte encotraba una solucion, probe con muchos programas y hasta con Ubuntu. y ninguno funciono. y ademas que es superfacil y sencillo este metodo.

Mil gracias

Qball57

Reaction score
Question on OTA updates

First of all thanks a ton for the very easy to follow instructions for rooting. It works flawlessly. I noticed that during the process there was a step that asked whether you wanted to allow ota updates. It you said no, does this mean you don't have to worry about forced updates. Thanks again for the great information.

DallanC

Reaction score
Just tried to root my Thunderbolt, following all the steps I encountered no problems, no errors. Everything appeared to run correctly. Rootchecker the first time I tested stated it did not have root access yet when I retested, it stated I did.

Fantastic tool and guide, many thanks!

-DallanC

DallanC

Reaction score
I dont understand posting of that link, are you saying I should re-root? Or are you just posting this as an alternative to the guide in this thread?

In my case I noticed one problem, I can browse root, installed titanium backup and it ran.. but I cannot move any of the bloatware apps to the /sdcard/. I can copy them, cannot delete them. Seems I dont have true root access.

-DallanC

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I dont understand posting of that link, are you saying I should re-root? Or are you just posting this as an alternative to the guide in this thread?

In my case I noticed one problem, I can browse root, installed titanium backup and it ran.. but I cannot move any of the bloatware apps to the /sdcard/. I can copy them, cannot delete them. Seems I dont have true root access.

-DallanC

When you run the tool, it will ask you to install su which will fix root.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DallanC

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded the tools, ran the driver.exe, then ran the Thunderbolttool.bat. When it boots up, I get the following:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt tool, by trter10.

Phone information:

ROM Version: 2.11.605.19 710RD - Android 2.3.4

Superuser binary v3.0.3.2

MAIN MENU
--------------------------------------------------------
1 - Recovery menu
2 - Boot menu
3 - Extras menu
4 - Unroot
5 - About
R - Reload info
--------------------------------------------------------
Choose what you want to do or hit enter to exit.

I was not prompted to install su, although I do see a Superuser binary v3.0.3.2 which I assume means I already have it installed? Or is it the incorrect one installed? I can see files in /system/app but I cannot delete them.

-DallanC

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try S-OFF but no root in the extras menu.

DallanC

Reaction score
Try S-OFF but no root in the extras menu.

Did it, no errors. Rebooted phone, browsed to /system/apps and tried to delete Kindle.apk and got "kindle.apk cannot be deleted". Tried a few other bloatware apps and ditto, cannot be deleted.

/shrug

-DallanC

DallanC

Reaction score
Crud, this now messed up Titanium Backup, it hangs on the "asking for root rights" screen indefinitely. I re-ran the above tool again it hardbooted my PC :angry:

-DallanC