[Tool] Root 2.11.605.9, No data wipe or downgrade!

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
[Tool] Root 2.11.605.9 and .19, No data wipe or downgrade!

////////////THIS IS DEPRECATED, USE THE TBOLT TOOL INSTEAD

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thunderbolt-hacks/211333-all-one-htc-thunderbolt-tool.html///////////

Hi all! This is a quick tool I made that will bypass your need to downgrade from 2.11.605.9 or .19 to get S-OFF. It uses the fre3vo exploit by TeamWin/ Agrabren . I take no credit for this method.
Thank him here.

*I am NOT responsible for any bricked devices*

*Rooting voids your warranty! If you do not know that by now, you probably need to research more before you root*

It will:
  • Get root
  • Open Revolutionary.io and the Revolutionary exe
  • Give you the option to install the fastboot drivers
  • Give you instructions on what to do

This means that you will not have to deal with large files, and you will not lose any data.

Happy rooting! :icon_ banana:

*If you have any PG05IMG.zip files on your sdcard, remove them first!*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

File: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading DowngradeBypass.zip

MD5 is on download page.

Mirror: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61129367/DowngradeBypass.zip

MD5: BCD3A6982E819400E87CED8CFA6D3FB7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you do is download this, unzip it (very important!), and run the RUN-ME.bat. Just make sure to read and follow all directions in the program carefully.

Please copy and paste the beta code for Revolutionary when that step comes along (I tell you how in the tool), because if it gets put in wrong you will need to manually start Revolutionary from the support_files folder.

[video=youtube;dcWM3Yg96QY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWM3Yg96QY[/video]​

---------------------------------FULL TEXT TUTORIAL! :D---------------------------------------------

1. Download the file. Check the MD5sum of it. (If you do not know how, download this, open it, paste in the MD5sum that is above, click browse and select the zip file. If it is green, continue. If it is red, redownload the file and start over.)

2. If you have any PG05IMG.zip files on your sdcard, remove them. Plug in your phone, set it to charge only (Through the notification menu on your phone), Go to Settings > Applications > Development and make sure to select "Stay Awake" and "USB Debugging" and hit OK on the popup if there is one. Keep the screen on during the process.

3. Right click on the .zip file, and then click extract.
This window will pop up.
VP5b.png

Make sure "Show extracted files when complete" is checked, and hit extract.

4. Now a folder will pop up. In that folder, double click RUN-ME.bat.

5. A window will pop up. It should say something like "*Daemon not running. starting it now* *Daemon started successfully*"
If it says something like "*Failed to start daemon* adb server didn't ACK", you need to uninstall HTC Sync or other syncing software (EasyTether, PDAnet, etc.) then restart the tool.

5. You will now be at a menu. If this is your first time rooting, you probably do not have the fastboot drivers installed, so enter N and press enter. (If you do have them installed, enter Y and skip to step 7.)

6. Wait for the driver window to close. It will take awhile. (The big window, not the small one)

7. Click back on the tool window and press enter.

8. It should now find your device. If not, try rebooting your phone and computer and retrying.

9. Then it should say:
-Getting root with fre3vo, thanks TeamWin!
-This will take a minute.

There will be some static-y lines going across your phone's screen. This is normal.

10. After a few minutes, it should finish and say:
-Success!
-Restarting adb...
*daemon not running. starting it now*
*daemon started successfully*
-Putting superuser files on your sdcard...
[some random numbers here]
-Starting Revolutionary and the Website....

And then the window will close.

If not, and it says root unsecessful, then try pulling your phone battery and running again.

11. 11. At this point, a textbox pops up. Once you close it there will be another one. Keep the first one open until you get your beta key (After step 13).

12. The website revolutionary.io and one or two other black boxes will also pop up.
If only the website pops up, and no revolutionary window, open the support_files folder and double click revolutionary.exe.

13.On the revolutionary website, please scroll down to Download for Windows. Click that button, then cancel the download. Enter your phone's information in the prompts that pop up. The info you need is in the text boxes. If there are two revolutionary windows, you can close one.

14. Click "Generate Key".

15. Once you do that, copy your beta key from the website, then paste it into the Revolutionary window. To paste it, right click the title bar of the Revolutionary window then click edit then click paste. Please note that for Revolutionary to work you need to uninstall Droid Explorer if you have it.

16. Press enter on the Revolutionary window.

17.It should say something like:
Code:
Root acquired!
Sending in Caroline...
Cleaning up...
Rebooting to fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!

Waiting for fastboot...
Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)
SUCCESS - Life gave us lemons, we didn't make lemonade!

Do you want to download (Internet connection required) and flash ClockworkMod Reocvery? [Y/n]

18. Press Y and press enter.

19. Now it should say:
Code:
Downloading recovery for your phone (mecha)... Done.
Flashing recovery over fastboot...SUCCESS!
Then the window will close.

20. Now, using volume buttons to navigate and power to select, select bootloader.

21. Wait a few seconds, and then select recovery.

22. Your phone will now go to CWM recovery and automatically flash superuser.

23. Reboot your phone and you're rooted.

24. Enjoy!

Masx

Reaction score
Your checksum does NOT match the download link. Could it be that you updated the files without updating the checksum?

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yep. Sorry, I thought I fixed it on all forums.

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt

Tiezane

Reaction score
Works great!

Wow, this is outstanding! I've been sitting here unrooted because I didn't want to downlevel, this is EXACTLY what I needed! Works smoothly, the only issue appears to be a redundant "START support_files\Revolutionary.exe" line in the batch file, not a problem, but can cause some confusion for people who aren't 100% confident in what they are doing.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :hail::hail::hail:

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Welcome :D
Sorry I had to add the start command in twice because sometimes it starts then crashes

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
<--- Noob when dealing with rooting... either way though i have followed the instructions, though i am tired, and it still says root unsuccessful... the su.zip gets put onto the phone, and i think that's about where it stops. I've been completely stock, and i can't see any other apps that would be causing a conflict so not sure. Any help would be awesome.

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is your phone in charge only mode?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it's in charge only, i removed pdanet just in case it could have been a problem, installed the drivers just fine, found the phone, tries to root and it just gets a root unsuccessful

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When you ran the tool, did it give you a # or a $ ?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It goes from zerging root... to "failed to get root" my device is ADR6400L (mecha 1.04.0000, Android 2.3.4, Rom Version: 2.11.605.9)

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You have to run run-me.bat before revolutionary

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes i run the batch file, and then it asks if i've installed the drivers, i say yes because i've already gone through that step, then it finds my device, copies the su.zip file and then takes me to the revolutionary screen, i input the serial number and it continues, and at that point it fails....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have even removed the drivers and went through the whole process again just to make sure i followed every direction that was there, and i have. Could it be a certain program that is blocking it for some reason?

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know exactly what's wrong. It's a bug with the tool. I can fix it in about an hour. Sorry about that.