[Tool] Root 2.11.605.9, No data wipe or downgrade!

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think the best option is to flash a ROM, that guarantees it will work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bykrgl809

Reaction score
THanks for the great instructions! Will be my first root attempt... Will let you know how it goes. :)

DallanC

Reaction score
THanks for the great instructions! Will be my first root attempt... Will let you know how it goes. :)

You may need to get the remount app to mount the drive in writeable mode, its one thing I had to do after my recent root. Also tools like ESFile Explorer need to have settings changed to be able to edit files i root. That tripped me up. So far everything works except for wireless hotspot but that deserves its own thread.

Anywho, it is fairly painless and doesnt take very long to run.

-DallanC

bykrgl809

Reaction score
You may need to get the remount app to mount the drive in writeable mode, its one thing I had to do after my recent root. Also tools like ESFile Explorer need to have settings changed to be able to edit files i root. That tripped me up. So far everything works except for wireless hotspot but that deserves its own thread.

Anywho, it is fairly painless and doesnt take very long to run.

-DallanC

Uhoh really? Where's that thread? For the hotspot is the primary reason I want to root - save $$ since htc blocks apps from hotspotting it. I thought after root, an app like foxfi would work...

Thanks!

DallanC

Reaction score
Uhoh really? Where's that thread? For the hotspot is the primary reason I want to root - save $$ since htc blocks apps from hotspotting it. I thought after root, an app like foxfi would work...

Thanks!

EasyTeather works WITHOUT rooting. I bought that app last year and it works fine, you just need to be plugged in with the USB cable to the PC.

-DallanC

Dynamikz

Reaction score
Hey, I clicked the first link that you posted for the bypass.zip, but it took me to the goo.im page and said that the file was not found

OP
trter10

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Please use the thunderbolt tool