Google's New Web-based Android Market May Ignore Custom ROMs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid_Rooted.jpg

We are getting a trickle of info in that many custom ROM or rooted phones are having issues with Google's new Web-based Android Market. What some people have reported experiencing is that a "stock" Android phone will show up properly in the "My Device" page, but some custom ROMs on the same phone do not. Sound off in the forums and let us know what your experience has been so far. Maybe we can get to the bottom of this mystery, if there is one...

Source: Engadget
Resource: market.android.com

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's what worked for me: reinstall rom with wipes.

I found this cure used in several places. I tried it about 15 minutes ago after screwing with the new website market since it came online. My device immediately showed up after the reinstall.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
That could possibly explain why I have yet to receive any apps. My sig has my current setup. When I check My Account, Settings (in the Android Market) it lists 2 DX's. The first one I had and the warranty replacement that I know have. So I checked my Nandroid dates and low and behold....the Last Used date in Market settings list 1/14/11...the day I activated my current device.

Now that I'm running rubiX the market must not see my device anymore. Hmmmmm..

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the market recognizes my device, and i've been dl'ing apps. i have a rooted D1, running a custom rom.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Web Market recognizes my device, but I cannot download any apps. Sapphire 2.0.2.

silvasrt4

Reaction score
Mine is showing up just fine.

Running UD 2.5:motdroidvert:

anuraj1

Reaction score
Mine shows up fine too, running CM 7 nightlies. I am guessing that devs that change their build.prop to say something other than "Droid", etc. in the model number spot are the ROMs that are having trouble.

quanb24

Reaction score
Web Market recognizes my device, but I cannot download any apps. Sapphire 2.0.2.

im having the same problem i also notice it says the last time i used the android market was dec 30 2010 dat is completely wrong because i go on and use the market everyday running rubix 1.9.7

techguru

Reaction score
My Incredible does not show up, and it is running Virtuous, which is as near to stock as you can get and still be custom.

Appbrain is fine for me for now, and I plan on getting a Thunderbolt as soon as available, and will probably just root without a custom rom when it is rooted (only did Virtuous because it was the only way to get the latest stock updates while being rooted at the time I applied it).

Alan