Google's New Web-based Android Market May Ignore Custom ROMs

Version_3

Reaction score
Mine shows up fine too, running CM 7 nightlies. I am guessing that devs that change their build.prop to say something other than "Droid", etc. in the model number spot are the ROMs that are having trouble.

I noticed that. I hadn't capitalized "motorola" in the build.prop of my past build, but the one I compiled yesterday, after noticing it said "unknown" on the site under Maker, now has "Motorola", and the web market states this as well.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm running Peter Alfonso's FRG83D ROM from his website and everything is working fine in regards to the market.android.com website. It shows today's date under last used and the correct device name. The only thing that's wrong is the carrier; it says I'm on Verizon but I'm actually on the Cricket network.

Mike84

Reaction score
working fine for me, I can see my device and download apps fine. OG droid running sapphire 2.02

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting...the field for "last used" is blank on my account.

el_ote

Reaction score
Is there a difference between web based market and phones market app? Why bother to go web based unless u can buy from ur computer and havr it install automatically?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between web based market and phones market app? Why bother to go web based unless u can buy from ur computer and havr it install automatically?

cuz that's exactly what this mkt does.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Market doesn't work for me on UD 2.5 tried multiple market versions but it still didn't work. Market shows my device as a unnamed Verizon phone and has no information about it.

Reaction score

um thats what it does? you hit to install it on the website and the market pushes the download to your phone