Google's New Web-based Android Market May Ignore Custom ROMs

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
UD 2.5 (OG Droid) is working fine for me. Just installed a couple apps with no issues.

sir2545

Reaction score
An update for you guys....I went into recovery and wiped data and cache and now it works fine even though it doesn't recognize the phone. Running rooted stock FRG83

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine shows up fine too, running CM 7 nightlies. I am guessing that devs that change their build.prop to say something other than "Droid", etc. in the model number spot are the ROMs that are having trouble.

It has nothing to do with build.prop fingerprints. I am running FRG83D which I manually rooted myself, leaving the build.prop file untouched.

I had an idea that it may have been ipv6 related, since I am running a Slayher kernel with ipv6 disabled by default - however in testing, I used insmod to manually load the ipv6 module (verified working by running/using Google Goggles) - however, it had no effect on the web market.

At this point, i'm left scratching my head. I am going to try testing a few more things over the weekend.

Big Ry

Reaction score
i just found out about this now and logged in. oddly, it said i "registered" February 2 lol

im running a D2 on liberty 1.5. the web market recognized my device and a second "unnamed" device which was my old D1. first attempt to download left me at the DL screen on my laptop and a message stating that my device is not supported by my carrier lol. after fiddling around for a few minutes, i realized that that was the ONLY app that gave me this problem. I've since installed several apps to my D2 via web market :) and im rooted! :D

but now im kinda pissed about that first app cause it was NFS Shift that i got on a 99 cent promo. Now its saying I have to pay $9.99 instead of "purchased" in my device's market. i just e-mail EA about it, so hopefully they straighten this out.

Other things i noticed in the web market are that it doesnt have all my currently installed apps and does have a ton of apps i no longer have installed. also, i never even had to login, i just clicked the login button and it knew my credentials (im assuming because i have gmail open in another tab).

cduphily

Reaction score
Incredible rooted with unrevoked redemption rom 2.3 No Problems dl/ing from new andriod market.

t0k3ndr01d

Reaction score
im running winner00s latest build of cm7 nightly and tried it on cm7 official nightly also and it recognizes the phone and installs apps perfectly fine with ease. i love being able to search through apps on my computer and install them without taking my phone out of the dock stand

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
BuglessBeast 0.6.2.1 and everything works...except after hitting install nothing is ever pushed go my phone. It says it's installed from the web market but it's not. Maybe it does have something to do with which modules the kernel has loaded. I haven't tested any other kernel but am on a p3droid now....v.32