Google's agenda to be Android's failure? Or are we just slaves

JayMonster

Reaction score
If anything, it would make more sense for them to buy Cablevision or Time-Warner Cable where they now have a pipe to send advertising to THE HOME. Imagine a set top box that you could do searches from, and would be tied in with your Google Search history, and thus, they could TARGET commercials to your TV that are based on what you watch, see, buy, etc.

I'm not trying to feed the conspiracy theory but technically Verizon's FiOS would allow this also and at a much larger bandwidth capacity vs. aged coax lines. The only thing that TWC has an advantage over is that FiOS is still a limited market. The real question remaining is, is data going to be wired much longer anyways? How long until 4G or 5G runs cable tv, VoIP and internet in every home?

You know what it also does? Makes them a Telecom and subject to all the laws that go with it. Sticking with a cable provider allows them to dabble in the voice space while still maintaining they are a marketing/advertising company.

And if you are right about 4g or 5g taking over from wires, then taking over from an "antiquated" coax makes even more sense since why would you pay a premium for fiber?

Bear in mind, I think both are far fetched b/c as somebody pointed out already, Google is making money NOT investing in infrastructure, and see no valid reason for them to start now.

OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
This response has less to do with my original post and more to do with other objections raised where they insisted on taking it to another level...Again I repeat...for new viewers to this thread, ignore this response and focus on the original post. This response and the original point do not go together. THIS RESPONSE IS MORE ABOUT PRETENDING AND "WHAT IF"...and not the reality of NOW.

It's not all about being a success and the profits that are made. We are moving in to an era where control will mean more than money. Rid yourself of the capitalist ideas...they are primitive.

This is why the idea that infrastructure is not important is faulted. Pretend what some of you are arguing about is the case..about paying for "premium fiber" and data communication, once you are in control - that is what matters. Paying to control is more power than paying for others to control it.

The more dependent people are on you, the more power you hold.

All the strength in the world won't help you unless you have a spinal cord to support you. A house cannot stand without a foundation.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Of the many things that I worry about (and the list is long), this is way down there. Although I'll admit that Google collects and has way too much information about everyone, to this point they've not abused it. There is the possibility in the future that they'll fall on hard times, start looking for ways to increase revenue and sell or otherwise use the information they've collected in a less than honorable way but the same could be said of just about any company that operates online (not to mention the Government).

Like I said, possible but it's not at the top of my list of worries.

SofaKing

Reaction score
I dont worry too much about this stuff but I would suggest everyone watch the CNBC documentary on Google by Maria Bartoromo. The CEO of Google has some shocking responses when asked about privacy coincerns. Definitely worth watching.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't think I'm going off topic here, but when I first went to the market just how did Google already have a credit card number from me? I'm not sure what number they had, but I found it a bit disturbing. I don't recall buying anything from Google.

kevin1016

Reaction score
If Google wants to track how many times I go to the grocery store or wants to read my txt's asking my wife if we need diapers, let them.
I'm with you. I don't give a sh!t if Google tracks where I go, how and spend my money and where. The only people that fear it are the ones who have something to hide. Can someone tell me exactly what they think Google can do with this sort of information that can affect me negatively?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Don't think I'm going off topic here, but when I first went to the market just how did Google already have a credit card number from me? I'm not sure what number they had, but I found it a bit disturbing. I don't recall buying anything from Google.

That one is easy (and probably still a little unsettling)... You purchased something from a company that uses Google Checkout and you never noticed you got rerouted.

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
Is this really that far off?
:icon_eek:
irobot-ns5.jpg

JayMonster

Reaction score
This response has less to do with my original post and more to do with other objections raised where they insisted on taking it to another level...Again I repeat...for new viewers to this thread, ignore this response and focus on the original post. This response and the original point do not go together. THIS RESPONSE IS MORE ABOUT PRETENDING AND "WHAT IF"...and not the reality of NOW.

It's not all about being a success and the profits that are made. We are moving in to an era where control will mean more than money. Rid yourself of the capitalist ideas...they are primitive.

This is why the idea that infrastructure is not important is faulted. Pretend what some of you are arguing about is the case..about paying for "premium fiber" and data communication, once you are in control - that is what matters. Paying to control is more power than paying for others to control it.

The more dependent people are on you, the more power you hold.

All the strength in the world won't help you unless you have a spinal cord to support you. A house cannot stand without a foundation.

So what you are saying is ignore any wild ass guess (because that is all this thread is about) that doesn't agree with yours... especially any one that tries to apply current fiscal realities (I guess because these won't apply in the gFuture™

There is nothing being said of Google that hasn't been said of Microsoft and IBM (Big Blue) before that and AT&T before that and Standard Oil before that.

OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
No JayMonster, not at all... I was saying to the viewers who had not read the initial post yet, don't relate my response to the issues some of you were debating within the thread to the actual initial post [not that there wasn't validity]. Because that is where we start getting in to conspiracy theories and I didn't want to turn others off to the realities before us by getting in to predicting the future.

Last edited:

REARless

Reaction score
Google Docs? Still doesn't hold a candle to office in functionality or users

GMail? Same thing behind Yahoo!Mail and others

Android? So far still behind Nokia and (sadly) Apple.

I respectfully disagree with all 3 points.

Agree.

Google's stated goal is to catch up and pass MS Office by 4Q 2010. I see no reason to doubt them.

Android - Nokia uses Symbian, which has not seen much innovation compared to smart phones.

GMail is already FAR superior to Yahoo! and client server based e-mail systems such as Exchange and Lotus Notes.

comacase

Reaction score
Google is absolutely globalist. They're mission is to contain and manage all data. Everything you search on the web is recorded along with your IP. Being in the cell phone market now, it will be most easy for them to analyze your lifestyle, images, contacts, locations, etc. Why is a company knowing everything about everyone a bad thing? Well you can look at who google is affiliated with. They are in partnership with the "council of foreign relations." It would take too much time to explain what subversive network that is, so look it up and you will find yourself in questionable places. Novus Ordo Seclorum -- But I love my droid :tongue:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
When commercial real estate starts tanking in January/February and going into foreclosure's in record numbers we'll have real things to worry about and Google is at the very bottom of that list.

Actually Google is not even on that list. This is serious.........

comacase

Reaction score
When commercial real estate starts tanking in January/February and going into foreclosure's in record numbers we'll have real things to worry about and Google is at the very bottom of that list.

Actually Google is not even on that list. This is serious.........
What if they were more connected than you might think?