Google's agenda to be Android's failure? Or are we just slaves

LordKastle

Reaction score
I don't like how Google is trying to gather all the information and data it can about every individual and company within every industry and put it in a nest-egg for their own dictatorship and disposal. Slowly but surely Google wants to be the head of the Globalist agenda. They want to be at the center of information processing.

Are we going to allow them to dictate to us the actions of our entire lives? Gmail, Checkout, Voice, Nav, Maps..now Places Directory... what else? I am sure I am forgetting something. Every time a new app is released, if Google sees potential in it, they will make their own version and promote it as superior. Don't hate Microsoft for monopolization when Google is twice as worse.

I'd rather see a raw Android device with choice rather than being forced to use all of their native applications. [This and the next paragraph are irrelevant to the major issue at hand and are just one example so keep the ideas separate. Android is just a tiny slice of the pie when it comes to the larger ideas but we can see the same mindset being used by Google.

Google is worse than Microsoft and Apple when it comes to the cellular industry. Apple has a phone and its own OS but doesn't license it out for other companies to use. In all honesty "The Google Phone"...may be Android's first crack in the armor. If it is anything more than a pure data device, cell phone carriers will be sharpening their own blades awaiting for a true OS, ridded of pre-existing bias. Kudos to Verizon for rejecting the "Google Phone." If Google fails in the cellular industry then maybe...just maybe their globalist ideas of information domination will be harmed.]

If we let Google take over our lives now...there is no turning back. Future generations are dependent on us to say when enough is enough. We are at a turning point. I beg of you to use other search engines occasionally, use Yahoo for example. Stop being a slave to one organization.

I know Google is convenient for a lot of people to use...but what comes easy is not always best. Please - Stay strong.

(Keep in mind I support my Droid and Android OS. I am just raising caution for the future ahead of us. Compromise is possible. There is a middle ground. It doesn't have to be one way or the highway.)

Last edited:

xjman349

Reaction score
The CEO of Nokia was saying this like this. Are you him???:icon_eek:

Sleeve

Reaction score
Bah, Nokia are still bitter about the whole clamshell thing. The last time they innovated something was when they changed the mobile equivalent of a blinking VCR, the La Valse ring tone, to something else.

lauriep

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me in the least. I've had success and been happy with my Apple products, MIcrosoft products and now this phone. Having one main umbrella is handy in keeping all the pieces working together. If at some point in the future I don't like what they are doing, then I have the option of moving on, as I have always had.

Some people have too much time on their hands!:icon_eek:

Twoo

Reaction score
I honestly expect Google to attempt to purchase Verizon in the next 5 years once their Android platform is across the board on almost all Verizon phones.

That'd give them access to Wireless, Internet and a good chuck of the value of DirecTV. From a profit standpoint it makes sense. Pretty much why they made GoogleVoice in my opinion. To test the market and see if they have a foreseeable future in voice communication. If it panned out they'd make plans to acquire Verizon.

Just my personal opinion.

Droids

Reaction score
Bah, someday we'll all be soylent green crackers anyway so who cares if Google rules the planet.

Reaction score
While reading this sounds alarming however its not so far fetched. I love the Droid and what it is capable of but I often think google could become too powerful.

Dont let em fool you google is not more noble then Microsoft, apple etc.... they want to own you!

there does need to be checks and balances imo.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well

i'm not sure about the conspiracy theory thing, but in all honesty. With all the tech availabe now. It's not even close to what's coming in the future. Things could get a little IRobotish if people aren't careful. That's just my .02

Silver Member
Reaction score
i, for one, welcome our internet overlords.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I honestly expect Google to attempt to purchase Verizon in the next 5 years once their Android platform is across the board on almost all Verizon phones.

That'd give them access to Wireless, Internet and a good chuck of the value of DirecTV. From a profit standpoint it makes sense. Pretty much why they made GoogleVoice in my opinion. To test the market and see if they have a foreseeable future in voice communication. If it panned out they'd make plans to acquire Verizon.

You do realize how big Verizon is right?

Reaction score
i'm not sure about the conspiracy theory thing, but in all honesty. With all the tech availabe now. It's not even close to what's coming in the future. Things could get a little IRobotish if people aren't careful. That's just my .02

I agree. Is the name Droid a little condescending? I have thought that to myself. I love it but thought it.

Twoo

Reaction score

You do realize how big Verizon is right?

Technically speaking, Google is worth 2.3 times as much as Verizon is.