Google Search is back on the Fascinate!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
launcherpro.png

If your one of the many Samsung Fascinate owners out there desperately missing Google Search, do we have some good news for you. Epic_Engineering has provided a quick solution to get the Google Search Widget back! Simply download Launcher Pro from the Android Market, once installed click on the home screen and hold to add a widget. You should then have the option to add the google search widget. Bye Bye Bing, Welcome Back Google! Join the discussion already in progress here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-discussions/79389-google-search-work-around.html

launcherpro-773.png

Hopefully easy fixes like this continue so we can all have our choice back. As we discussed here, we are desperately hoping Verizon doesn't make this a difficult step on all future phones.

*** Update: This only changes the look of the widget, it still goes through bing... Back to the drawing board ;)

Thanks for the tip epic_engineering!

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually this doesn't work. It redirects the search back to Bing. It starts off working in the search bar, but once you hit search it sends you to Bing.

713King

Reaction score
I just went to verizon store and I like the phone it is amazing. I also tied the google search and it worked. The bing search is horrible, so slow. The picture quality on the phone is like omg. They included a video and all around the best phone I've seen.

bizzshow

Reaction score
Try loading up dolphin browser with lp and use the search you should get the option to use google of dolphin is your default