Samsung Fascinate inches closer to Release

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung-fascinate-specs.jpg

September will be another exciting month in the Android Community with Verizon's launch of the Samsung Galaxy S - Fascinate. BGR brings us the complete Verizon Samsung Fascinate Training Manuel which includes a side by side comparison with Verizon's current Android phone line up, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Features List, Indirect Sales Page and a Search Comparison chart. The Fascinate will be the first Verizon Android phone to feature Amazon's Kindle App, Microsoft's Bing Search and Microsoft's Maps App. The documents also note that Flash Support will be available by "Year End 2010". However, there is no mention of what we really want to know - "When is the 2.2 update rolling out?"

• 4-inch Super AMOLED display
  • 800x480 Screen Resolution
  • 1 GHz Hummingbird Processor
  • 5 Megapixel Camera w/720p Video Recording w/LED Flash w/Auto-Focus
  • Android 2.1
  • 16GB pre-installed storage space, supports up to 32GB
Be sure to visit our Samsung Fascinate Forum for the latest discussions.

View/Download the entire document here: Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate training documents leaked Boy Genius Report

barski

Reaction score
wow you would sure think that the specs would be correct on all the phones (droid X) 256mb of ram....

huskur

Reaction score
only thing i like about the samsung is processor. Other than that the other phones torch it

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Best Buy Mobile Lanuches Presale of Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate

Best Buy Reward Zone members can reserve the Samsung Fascinate on August 27. Presale for general public begins August 29.

Best Buy Mobile today announced the Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate™ is available for pre-order starting August 29.

As an added and exclusive bonus, Best Buy Reward Zone members can reserve the Samsung Fascinate on August 27, two days before it goes on pre-sale to the general public. That priority access will help ensure that Reward Zone members get their device first.

Pre-orders can be made by visiting any local Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile standalone store. Pricing and launch dates for the Samsung Fascinate, which is a member of the Galaxy Series, will be announced soon. The Fascinate boasts many new features such as the brilliant four-inch Super AMOLED display, HD video recording, and 1GHz processor running the Android 2.1 operating system.

“Like the other Galaxy smart phones, the Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate, is a great phone and we are excited to bring it to our customers with this presale,” Scott Anderson, senior director of merchandising at Best Buy Mobile. “Smart phone technology has gone to a new level this summer, which is great for consumers. Best Buy stands for choice and we are committed to helping customers research and choose the right handset and accessories that make sense for them.”

Best Buy offers the most smart phones under one roof and continues to cement its role as the smart phone destination for consumers. With an assortment that already includes the full line of Samsung Galaxy phones, as well as the iPhone 4, HTC EVO 4G and Blackberry Torch, among others, customers can research and compare all of their options across carriers, operating systems and features. And they can view a full range of accessories for all smart phones.

At Best Buy Mobile, consumers can compare the latest devices from popular carriers and plans in store or online. For more information on the Samsung Fascinate, and other smart phones available at Best Buy, visit www.bestbuy.com/mobile.

Glock

Reaction score
If VZW doesn't change a few things (up the ram to 512...maybe a typo?), get rid of Bing, and get all that damn bloatware off...they're going to screw this phone up BIG time. And btw: that additional 2GB of supported memory for those who don't know, is most likely an internal sd card (non-removable) just like the 16gb on the captivate. It will not have 2 micro-sd slots.

Darkseider

Reaction score
If VZW doesn't change a few things (up the ram to 512...maybe a typo?), get rid of Bing, and get all that damn bloatware off...they're going to screw this phone up BIG time. And btw: that additional 2GB of supported memory for those who don't know, is most likely an internal sd card (non-removable) just like the 16gb on the captivate. It will not have 2 micro-sd slots.

Who cares about Bing? The phone is easily and I do mean EASILY rooted. Yeah I know. Not everyone roots. But for those who do it makes this phone REALLY attractive.

Glock

Reaction score

Who cares about Bing? The phone is easily and I do mean EASILY rooted. Yeah I know. Not everyone roots. But for those who do it makes this phone REALLY attractive.

Easily rooted but not widely supported at this time. I haven't seen a custom recovery for one yet, let alone a TRUE rom. (sure Pete made something laughable for the Captivate...but uh, I wouldn't call it a rom) I just hope the VZW crowd adopts it and make it boom. :D

GrillMouster

Reaction score
A while back VZW released the same chart, but without the Samsung phone, and on that chart the DX showed 256MB of RAM. Worried that it might not be a typo since it has been published more than once by VZW I did a little Google search. Some people say that the DX has 512MB, but Android 2.1 can only make use of 256MB. When the DX gets Froyo, all 512MB can be used. I hope that's the case, but if it is, then why does the chart show that the DI has 512MB with Android 2.1? I realize that it's getting 2.2 now (or soon), but this and previous VZW charts show 2.1 & 512MB.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Regardless of what the flyer says, I am still going to go to the VZW store and check out the phone. If it does not wow me, then I will wait for the HTC Merge.

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Hopefully the community switches over to the Fascinate as the desired Dev phone for Verizon since now Motorola has gone a little overboard with locking of their phones.

Or maybe I will switch over to the WinS7 phone if it comes available for Verizon because I really miss the quality apps that personal devs used to make for WinMo phones along with being able to play good quality games. Android, as of late is getting a little bit out of control with all the different OS's, custom frameworks, radically different hardware and the lack of a better unified platform. Dont get me wrong, I loved Android since having it on my old HTC XV6900 Touch back almost 2 years ago but Google needs to take a step back and rebuild the basic platform back up with a overhauled UI and flesh out the essential apps like Music & Video player, Built-in File Explorer, Phone Dialer and Launcher.

bizzshow

Reaction score

Easily rooted but not widely supported at this time. I haven't seen a custom recovery for one yet, let alone a TRUE rom. (sure Pete made something laughable for the Captivate...but uh, I wouldn't call it a rom) I just hope the VZW crowd adopts it and make it boom. :D

yeah minus the fact clockworkmod has been available for the cap/vibrant for over a month. oh yeah and eugene373 have been making roms for the vibrant. right now their are a few for the vibrant that are pretty good. do your research before blindly bashing a phone

victorythagr8

Reaction score
only thing i like about the samsung is processor. Other than that the other phones torch it

Processor or gpu?

Processor....

both the processor and gpu torch the droid x, evo 4g. And the screen is superior to both them. I dont see how the other phones torch it. Shoot the UI is better than both Droid 2 and droid x and its hacker friendly. And the evo 4g has a crappy GPU.

The only thing stopping me from getting the Fascinate is that samsung tries to make it look like a wannabe Iphone with the whole UI and form factor and not that much rom space compare to the droid x and droid 2.