Uh Oh... is Verizon dropping Google Search on all future phones?

SGTiger

Reaction score
Google should retaliate by providing an app that duplicates gmail's new feature that allows calling any phone in the U.S. for free over wifi (voip) from a pc. Verizon would crap a brick.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I love how anytime something happens to make anyone unhappy they are going to change carriers.

Whiny people.

:blink: are you married to your carrier ? I will leave my wife if she starts making me unhappy , why wouldn't I change a mobile phone provider ?

oshizo

Reaction score
@sshguru.

I must say it's my money and if i don't like something you'd best believe i'll change carriers. I'm in the market for a smartphone and if that is the google experience that i want with google search. then i'm going to get what i pay for no one's forcing me to have a smartphone on their network.
bing on a google phone as default w/o being able to change, flip'em i'll take my money elswhere.

droidspammed

Reaction score
options

I do not want to be forced to use Bing. I Don't even like the fact that some applications cannot be removed from the phone such as Twitter and Facebook. Its an issue for me and am considering changing phones and leaving Verizon after 6 years. If Bing is forced on me also I will definitely leave regardless of fees. Microsoft has too many security issues for it to be used on my phone without a choice. I want Google and an option for applications. I want control over what is on my phone and be able to remove applications as I desire.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I do not want to be forced to use Bing. I Don't even like the fact that some applications cannot be removed from the phone such as Twitter and Facebook. Its an issue for me and am considering changing phones and leaving Verizon after 6 years. If Bing is forced on me also I will definitely leave regardless of fees. Microsoft has too many security issues for it to be used on my phone without a choice. I want Google and an option for applications. I want control over what is on my phone and be able to remove applications as I desire.

From what I've heard and read, Bing is not going to be the only default search option. The Fascinate just launched with it. Froyo (2.2) is also going to give you the option between the two. I'm not a fan of Bing myself either.

picasso

Reaction score

Well this truly a bummer. I have been trying to figure out which phone and which company to go with. I decided on the DX but this is going to be a deal killer for me. I'm not signing a 2 year agreement with Verizon if they are going to force Bing on me.

everstar80

Reaction score
I agree completely. Bing completely sucks. Does verizon listen at all to what their customers like and the know doesn't work? Google makes it so much easier to search and navigate. It was one of the biggest selling points of why I went to verizon. They are going to drive customers away if all future phones only have Bing.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Can't you search "google" with Bing and then book mark the page? I do that at work.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
That's what I did on my enV with mobile web.VZW. default search was Bing; worthless. I don't see how they can block bookmarking Google. To think about it, making it so the Google widget won't work makes no sense anyway. Right now you can download the Bing crap from the Market (if you want it), why wouldn't the same be true of Google if Bing were preinstalled?
Of course, if it were preinstalled, it would just be one more reason to root. Who wants more bloatware?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
That's what I did on my enV with mobile web.VZW. default search was Bing; worthless. I don't see how they can block bookmarking Google. To think about it, making it so the Google widget won't work makes no sense anyway. Right now you can download the Bing crap from the Market (if you want it), why wouldn't the same be true of Google if Bing were preinstalled?
Of course, if it were preinstalled, it would just be one more reason to root. Who wants more bloatware?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is just all the more reason to root your Droid... and DUMP THE CRAPWARE!

Signum

Reaction score
bing must be doing something right as they are now the number two search engine in the world...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

picasso

Reaction score
bing must be doing something right as they are now the number two search engine in the world...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

What does that really have to do with anything? Pepsi is the number 2 soft drink maker in the world but their products still suck and I'd never buy them. It was very easy for bing to get to #1 because they have the might of the evil empire behind them. Just like they did with internet explorer microsoft tries to force you to use bing. It will never pass google however just like pepsi will never pass coke.

picasso

Reaction score